Esteemed Contributor

DG2 Jeans (HSN) -- any thoughts or opinions?

Just curious -- I've watched several presentations of DG2 jeans over the years and have been tempted to try them. I'm fussy about my jeans and I assume these wouldn't work and I'd send them back.

If any of you ladies have worn Diane Gilman jeans, please let me know your opinions. Yay or Nay. I'm interested in the stretch - too much / not enough? Do they bag after wearing for a few hours? Do they survive several washings? Long wearing?

Thank you.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Re: DG2 Jeans (HSN) -- any thoughts or opinions?

I bought a different pair last year and sent them back because they bunch up the leg. All the way up to the zipper. I wish they weren't so tight to the leg. I don't get that with Jag jeans or Not Your Daughter's Jeans, I do like the look of the TS, but am afraid they will bunch.
Valued Contributor

I would love to know, too. I've been on the fence about ordering them. Don't want to have to send them back.

Honored Contributor

I like some of her styles and others, not so much. I'm passing on today's style.

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought the super-stretch, but I do have several pairs of the others. I buy my store size (do NOT go down). The petites are long on me, but I'm under five feet.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

She's one heck of a fantastic saleswoman...but I don't like her jeans.

I have a small waist and hips that are 10 inches larger...NOT who she makes her jeans for.

You need an ""apple"" shape to look good in her jeans.

Plus the vanity sizing is crazy...I wear a medium (10-12) in B&M stores - a size 6 with Diane!!!

Super Contributor

I have her regular super stretch skinny jeans and like them a lot. I can't imagine wearing a skinny jean without all the stretch hers offers. Some say they run a little large due to the stretch, but my experience is that they don't "bag out."

My issue is with the silhouette, in general. I'm planning for a warm weather vacation and recently tried on a pair of white boot cut jeans. OMG! They were so much more flattering than my skinny jeans and made me look so slim.

I know retailers are pushing the skinny silhouette, but I can speak from experience and say that it is NOT flattering on everyone.

Regular Contributor

I have tried at least 4 pairs over the years and they did not work for me. I am 5'10" and the tall do not fit because of the rise. The rise goes above my belly button. The quality so pretty good. I guess if they fit you they might be pretty good. I have a pear shape, so the waist is always too big too and the hips fit. I do not like the panel on the TS because it would add volume to your waist. The panel does look smooth in the pictures it bunches.

Trusted Contributor

I would be embarrassed to tell you how many pairs that I own.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I am picky with jeans also, but I go for comfort just as much as style . ( That changed with aging. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}) I am not a size ~0~ , since being in the womb. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

My take- The brand runs large, especially the "super-stretch" versions. In BM stores- if it is a super skinny fit - I wear a 10 . IF it is a regular fit - I wear an 8 . In a boyfriend jean , I wear a med , or an 8 . It just always depends on the cut. I like a "fitted jean," but not a "poured in" look.

In super stretch, I wear a 6T. When I first put them on , a perfect fit, but they do stretch out. My true size would be a 4 T- that had been worn. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

In other styles, it is a hit /miss. Sizing is anything but consistent. If you find your size, you will love the comfort. Finding your size, is a real pain.

It seems to me the quality is not what it once was, but it is still "decent."

** Also want to add, I am NOT apple shaped, I am hourglass. Have no tummy, but have junk in the trunk.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} lol

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your quick responses!

Most of the HSN reviews say to size down. I'm a size 4P - do I really need to go down to a size 2? This is confusing. I'm definitely not an "apple" shape, so that's good information.

Also, the HSN reviews don't mention how they wash or last.

I'm disappointed to hear that they "bunch up" on the legs, even tho I was afraid of that in a fabric that's super stretchy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt