Regular Contributor

Does French terry pill ? Tired of new purchases pilling after washing in delicate cycle. I always tumble garments for 10 min and hang up.

Super Contributor

Re: Does french terry pill ?

Pilling is caused by friction ... fabric rubbing against itself or something rubbing against the fabric. Just about any fabric will pill given the right set of circumstances (e.g. seat belt rubbing).

Anything I put in the washing machine, I turn inside out to minimize the friction.

I really don't get much pilling, and when I do - a fabric shaver solves the problem.

Honored Contributor

I have never had french terry pill and I have several of Issac's jackets in it. I line dry everything without drying some first since it's going to be hung up anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

No problems - but I wash on delicate and hang up

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I wash everything inside out and tumble all of my clothes 10-15 min and hang up.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 french terry sets that I have worn until they have holes in them because I love them so much for cleaning house, etc. I bought a couple new ones yesterday at the Dillard's sale and my husband made me promise to give up the "holy" ones. He is tired of seeing them. Eight years old, going into nine. Washed and wore every other day. No pilling in all those years.