Esteemed Contributor

ANY RETAIL THERAPY IN YOUR PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND?

My priority is buying a birthday present for a baby girl's first birthday.

My second priority will be groceries for Super Bowl and the upcoming week.

But since I will be out and about, I am in the market for a few (very few) spring/summer skirts. That is my #1 priority for wardrobe additions.

What about you? Any shopping this weekend?

Super Contributor

Re: ANY RETAIL THERAPY IN YOUR PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND?

Probably not. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment in the morning, then Sweetie and I are going to see "Still Alice" in the afternoon. We were invited this morning by friends to join them and another couple at a fairly new restaurant called Harvest in the McKinney Town Square. No one has been there yet, but I understand it's a farm-to-table concept. The online menu looks good!

magic, I ordered the Anthropologie skirt, which should be arriving today. Can't wait to try it on!

Good luck in your hunt for skirts. Where are you planning to shop for them? Let me know if you find anything.

Respected Contributor

My nephew's little girl turns 2 on Feb 12, weather permitting, I'll do some shopping for her tomorrow morning. So, happy that she is getting older, I love shopping for little girls. Of course, Sunday is the Super Bowl, I need to pick up some decorations. We're have a small party for about 8. Winter shopping is done and it's much, much to early for me to do any Spring shopping. Window shopping just depresses me because everything is so fresh and lovely but we still have three months of winter to get through.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2015 maddiecat said:

Probably not. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment in the morning, then Sweetie and I are going to see "Still Alice" in the afternoon. We were invited this morning by friends to join them and another couple at a fairly new restaurant called Harvest in the McKinney Town Square. No one has been there yet, but I understand it's a farm-to-table concept. The online menu looks good!

magic, I ordered the Anthropologie skirt, which should be arriving today. Can't wait to try it on!

Good luck in your hunt for skirts. Where are you planning to shop for them? Let me know if you find anything.

maddie, sounds like you have a fun day planned. We were going to see a movie last weekend, but my husband had a cold and didn't think it fair to other patrons. This week I managed to catch his cold (the mother lode of colds!) so I don't know how I will feel tomorrow. I have a fear of getting a coughing spell in arena type settings. Have you ever started coughing in church and simply can't stop and you are sitting in the middle of the pew? Yep--that's me!

I can't wait to hear about your new skirt. Since Anthropologie is right here, I might pop in to see if it is in the store yet. Please report back--how you like it, fit, etc.

Hope you enjoy the movie. From the trailers, I definitely want to see it. Oh, and have fun at the new restaurant!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Chrystaltree said:

My nephew's little girl turns 2 on Feb 12, weather permitting, I'll do some shopping for her tomorrow morning. So, happy that she is getting older, I love shopping for little girls. Of course, Sunday is the Super Bowl, I need to pick up some decorations. We're have a small party for about 8. Winter shopping is done and it's much, much to early for me to do any Spring shopping. Window shopping just depresses me because everything is so fresh and lovely but we still have three months of winter to get through.

I need to google what the latest/greatest gifts for toddler girls might be!

Super Contributor

I purchased the black fringed poncho from Shawn's show today....very excited, looks chic!

Super Contributor

magic & Chrystaltree,

My Sweetie has a 3-year-old granddaughter (who also has a twin brother). The kids LOVE Melissa & Doug puzzles and have quite a collection. I think the puzzles have as few as 12 large pieces and as many as 48. At least that's what I'm familiar with in the kids' age range.

The granddaughter received a pink ballet tutu for Christmas and it was her very favorite gift. She wants to wear it everywhere. Her mother recently signed her up for dance classes, so the purchase of ballet and tap shoes became necessary (much to her delight!).

The granddaughter also received some Fancy Nancy books. They are very girly, but teach manners and vocabulary.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2015 maddiecat said:

magic & Chrystaltree,

My Sweetie has a 3-year-old granddaughter (who also has a twin brother). The kids LOVE Melissa & Doug puzzles and have quite a collection. I think the puzzles have as few as 12 large pieces and as many as 48. At least that's what I'm familiar with in the kids' age range.

The granddaughter received a pink ballet tutu for Christmas and it was her very favorite gift. She wants to wear it everywhere. Her mother recently signed her up for dance classes, so the purchase of ballet and tap shoes became necessary (much to her delight!).

The granddaughter also received some Fancy Nancy books. They are very girly, but teach manners and vocabulary.

I know this little girl has tutus as she has been photographed wearing them. She might be too young for puzzles at 1, but I'm going to look into the Fancy Nancy books. We have the greatest kids bookstore nearby. It has big overstuffed chairs where you can curl up with a child and read and resident house cats wandering the store.

Thanks for the suggestions, maddie!

Super Contributor

That bookstore sounds heavenly! Any store with cats is where I want to shop!

The Fancy Nancy books are a little advanced for a 1-year-old, but the little girls I know have loved them since the age of about 3.

Honored Contributor

Magic,

My very favorite dress shoe is on sale at Nordies, for 50% off.

'Jillian' Pump

Munro Jillian pump