Honored Contributor

Sandra Bennett's Oops during Dooney Show?

Did anyone happen to catch what happened on Saturday when Sandra was presenting Dooney? It's quite a stink on her FB page and she received a call about it after it happened, but from whom, I don't know.

I was watching and didn't think anything of it. Sandra was presenting a bag and said something along the lines of how when you carry a Dooney, it doesn't matter if you don't have make-up on, nice clothes, didn't do your hair. As she said something about not doing your hair, the camerman cut to the model Michelle.

Evidently, a lot of people took it as a racist remark by Sandra, because of Michelle's hairstyle, and really got on her on her FB page about the comment. Sandra addressed it and apologized and said she got a call about the comment (maybe TBTB) and she called Michelle who said she didn't think a thing about the comment. I was reading some of the comments last night on her FB page and some were still carrying on that the comment Sandra made called for an apology.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sandra Bennett's Oops during Dooney Show?

There was already a thread poofed about this this morning.

I notice a lot of threads about what people think they are hearing or seeing that are total mischaracterizations of what actually happened.

Honored Contributor

I love Sandra. And having her apologize for nothing just makes her more endearing. She's fabulous.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the other threads. I was dumbfounded reading it last night on her FB page and couldn't imagine anyone getting upset with the comment.

It definitely wasn't one phantom customer. It was enough that Sandra apologized on her FB page and I wonder if Q got calls about it which prompted a call to her from QVC about it?

I agree people hear things that weren't said or misinterpret things that are said.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I didn't see the other threads. I was dumbfounded reading it last night on her FB page and couldn't imagine anyone getting upset with the comment.

It definitely wasn't one phantom customer. It was enough that Sandra apologized on her FB page and I wonder if Q got calls about it which prompted a call to her from QVC about it?

I agree people hear things that weren't said or misinterpret things that are said.

See. You did not read my post. I said the original poster here appeared to be a phantom customer. Are you sure you are not trying too hard to make something of nothing. Image result for pot stirrer images

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of mean comments on FB. There were always horrible things said here about them, but these boards were easy enough for them to avoid.

I imagine it must be such a pain to deal with these sorts of issues on FB for the hosts.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 namealreadytaken said:
On 1/27/2015 LipstickDiva said:

See. You did not read my post. I said the original poster here appeared to be a phantom customer. Are you sure you are not trying too hard to make something of nothing. Image result for pot stirrer images

See. You didn't bother to read my OP. I didn't know anything about a thread started here on the board and already being poofed. If I had, I wouldn't have started it again.

I was specifically talking about what was going on over on her FB page. Wink

Respected Contributor

I have heard hosts make similar comments while selling a bag or other accessories. It's just a selling technique and was not directed at anyone. I think some people have too much time on their hands. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

It seems to me that the camera man should be the accused since he is the one that turned the camera to Michelle.

I do not think Sandra's remark was racist at all and someone is just trying to start trouble.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

People can turn just about any comment made by one of the hosts into a big deal if they take things out of context...or maybe are just plain sensitive for some reason to whatever the comment was about.

It's like on bulletin boards. 98% of the people will take a comment one way, but there are always a couple who disagree...which is their right. We all are entitled to our own opinions. Poor Sandra though. She thought she was making an innocent comment. Michelle probably did not even know that there was an issue to be made about the comment. It's nice that she was so gracious about it.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion