Trusted Contributor

Melissa files lawsuit over Joan's death

Melissa filed the lawsuit over her mother's death today. She states that No patient should be treated that way.

Read the article, it is sad and shocking:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/joan-rivers-daughter-melissa-files-suit-mother-death...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Melissa files lawsuit over Joan's death

I'm glad she filed the suit. These type of medical practices need to be flushed out. It shows that even doctors of famous people can be quacks and unprofessional. We all have to be knowledgeable about who we trust to care for us.

I hope this will show other doctors out there who are less than professional that they too can be investigated.

I just read something in my paper this weekend about terrible bacteria left on endoscopy equipment that has caused severe issues with patients, some even death. Even though these instruments are cleaned, the bacteria doesn't die and it gets transmitted from patient to patient. Hospitals also must be held to a high standard to make sure they are educating their staff and physicians and providing the proper care and sanitary measures.

Honored Contributor

Good for Melissa. May she and her attorneys wipe that place off the face of the earth and see to it that certain medical 'professionals' no longer have the capacity to practice.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Go get them, Melissa.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup, I read the article. Joan Rivers received appalling medical care, IMO. I hope Melissa takes the clinic, the owners of the clinic, and the 5 doctors involved to the cleaners.
Honored Contributor

There is still a giant hole where the nonpareil entertainer/entrepreneur Joan Rivers once flourished. My exposure to her was The Tonight Show, Red Carpet interviews and QVC. I adored her saucy, irreverent spirit and her unbelievable energy.

I miss her when I tune in to QVC and realize that she will never show up to make me laugh again or persuade me to buy one of her grand patriotic jewelry offerings.

I repeat myself on this forum, but what a loss. All because of an apparent lack of professionalism and ego-stroking decisions.

Trusted Contributor

So pleased this is going forward ~

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Goldie76 said:

There is still a giant hole where the nonpareil entertainer/entrepreneur Joan Rivers once flourished. My exposure to her was The Tonight Show, Red Carpet interviews and QVC. I adored her saucy, irreverent spirit and her unbelievable energy.

I miss her when I tune in to QVC and realize that she will never show up to make me laugh again or persuade me to buy one of her grand patriotic jewelry offerings.

I repeat myself on this forum, but what a loss. All because of an apparent lack of professionalism and ego-stroking decisions.

That's an eloquent post, Goldie76. I agree with you. I'm not a person to become personally "attached" to a celebrity, but somehow her essence, her spirit, was powerful enough to touch my heart -- and many other hearts -- to the extent that her passing felt like a personal loss. I was watching one of the JR shows this week. Jacque said she keeps expecting Joan to walk onto the set and join them, and David agreed and they took a slight pause. I keep expecting Joan to walk in, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Good for her. She is going after the doctors at the center as well as Joan's own personal doctor who should have not been there. I read the details in another article online. Melissa doesn't want this to happen to anyone again.
Valued Contributor

Two thumbs up for Melissa! You are making your mother smile in Heaven so hopefully this never happens to another family.