Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT MONDAY, JANUARY 26

Good Morning Ladies! I hope those of you in the "snow/ice zone" stay safe. We may have rain today, but it should reach the 60's, so snow and ice won't be a problem.

How is your de-cluttering coming? I didn't manage to do any de-cluttering yesterday, except I did go through my dresser and found a couple of turtlenecks that I can part with, and I also found a jacket and some sweatpants that are no longer needed. I may end up trashing the sweatpants since they seem to have some stains. The jacket is still nice and fits well, but I tend not to wear it due to the color (brown tweedy). I will put it in my maybe donate pile just in case, but I'm pretty sure it will be gone soon.

I think Marijane was the one (not sure) interested in the JR jacket, and that inspired me to wear it to church yesterday. I found out the lady who sits next to me (in her 80's) has so much pain she must spend an hour with a heating pad just to be able to come to church. I felt so badly for her -- nice lady and not one to complain.

After church, I went to the alternate gym, and that went fine. DH and I had a nice walk later.

I believe Jean is at work today, and I know Kathleen has started her new job. Hope both of them have a good day. Waves to twinny, Arlene, Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Rosa, Gayle, Lori, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

I plan to go to COSTCO today -- several "needs" to pick up, and I will go to Curves later. Not sure about the walk since DH doesn't care for walking in the rain.

Have a good day everyone, and let us know what you are up to today.

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT MONDAY, JANUARY 26

Good morning!

Cold and cloudy here today. I have gotten gas this am and after work I have to pick up a few groceries. That is my shopping for today.

Had a nice weekend

This Sat., I am going to get a smart phone, wish me luck. I presently have an old flip phone. My DS is going to go with me.

Esteemed Contributor

I got my smart phone less than a year ago Rosa, and I definitely had a "learning curve". My DD helped me when I first got the phone (long distance), but she told me much more when I visited in December. I think I am finally "getting it". Glad your DS will be going with you, and I hope he can help you get the most out of your new phone.

Valued Contributor

Linda, DS will help and I work in an office with 3 women that were born to use a smart phone.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} My friend that I am dating is very tech savvy. So I have lots of support willing to help.

Trusted Contributor

good afternoon ladies.....yes it was me asking you about the JR jacket LindaL....I checked on it and all colors and sizes are back in stock but I saw the price is $ 81...without s/h.....i didn't think it was that much when first presented.....I thought in the $60 range..... I could be wrong though.

I jus t have a regular phone too Rosa that's very old...I never use it....it hangs out at the bottom of my pocketbook. I keep thinking I should have one of my kids go with me to get a newer one but always forget.

Have a great day at your new job Kathleen......I am sure you will do well and fit in great.

We're waiting for the 2-3 feet snow that's supposed to come our way.....it started a little while ago.....blizzard warnings have been posted since last night. I just hope our power stays on....I have my iPads all charged plus I have 2 of those Halo recharges for them all charged too. Winds are supposed to be hurricane force.....I hope our trees stay sanding! Stores have been mobbed all weekend long...... Hope anybody else in the middle of this mess stays safe. I made chicken soup yesterday and today Implan to made spaghetti sauce......so we are all set. Have a nice day everyone. Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you are well covered regarding the smart phone Rosa.

I checked Marijane, and I paid $68 in August 2013. So, that is a pretty big increase in price. Interesting how some things really go up. There is a Linea top I liked, but thought was too pricey when it was in the high $40 range. Now it is $64. I won't think about buying unless it is reduced substantially. Good luck with all that snow.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Linda I thought it was only in the $60+ range....below 70. That too was a big jump on the Lina item.
Esteemed Contributor

LL, we are not in the big snow/ice area either. Thank goodness,. We did get about an inch of snow this morning. Then it quit but started up & we got less than an inch that time. I don't have a cell phone, but probably should get one for "dummies". Too bad about that older lady having so much pain & not complaining about it.

Rosa, Have fun with your new smart phone. It sounds like you will have lots of good help with it. My BF got a new smart phone 2 weeks ago & still can't figure out how to use it properly. She said when somebody calls her she can't answer the phone & then has to call them back.

Marijane, Maybe you won't get the predicted heavy snow storm. Prayers that you don't lose power or trees. I worry the most about losing power in those kinds of situations. Our DS & DDIL live in the Boston area. He called us Saturday night & said they had gotten 7" of snow & the big one was on the way. He had been to a seminar all day Saturday & they got a motel for the night rather than risk having an accident on their way home.

DH & I had lunch out today & then went into the hot tub. Tomorrow we plan to go on a little trip about 2 hours from home each way. I want to go to the outlet store there. The large corp. that I used to work for has an outlet store in our hometown but I guess the one there is really nice. Then lunch somewhere. I am hoping for good roads too. We haven't been to this town in IA since our DS graduated from PCC 18 years ago.

Hugs to all of you & safety on the roads for all those in the snow areas.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Cold and overcast here today - only 36° last time I checked. I'm not going anywhere (being broke makes that easy), but do have to "shop" my garage for cat food, TP, pasta sauce, and soup - that's where I keep my extra stock. I bought a box of TP from Amazon a year ago; 96 rolls for under $50, and it's the same quality and size roll as Scott. It'll be at least a year before I'd have to buy any more! Apart from that I'm going to just putter around the house and get some more cleaning and organizing done.

Rosa, I have a smart phone, but went back to my old flip phone, which I love. I rarely talk on the phone - 300 minutes a month is usually more than enough - and although I like the apps on the smart phone, I have most of them on my Kindle and my tablet. So, that saves me some money each month...and I also can't be tracked. BTW, I've been using Virgin Mobile for years, and have been very, very pleased with their service and coverage - and their pricing is unbeatable.

I was reading that NYC is expected to get the worst snowstorm in its history; glad I'm not living there anymore! Funny how often "record-breaking," "Biblical," and "apocalyptic" are in the news these days. Hope those of you affected stay warm and safe.

i guess I should get up and get moving...although I hate to disturb all the furkids who are lying on me.

Have a blessed day, everyone!