Valued Contributor

Thank you Goldie for bringing Hedy back!!!

I had forgotten about the contribution Hedy Lamarr gave to the world and how fabulously gorgeous she was. If you ladies will take 3 minutes and go to Youtube, type in Hedy Lamarr and scroll to "Hedy Lamarr movie star inventor of wifi" I think you will really enjoy seeing a very special video. Going back in time. She was really very special!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you Goldie for bringing Hedy back!!!

My pleasure, HAPPY. She was a genuine phenomenon, wasn't she? And, as you pointed out, a natural beauty.

I appreciate that JJM copied and presented Hedy's salient contributions to the world of electronics that we enjoy today. Wow, what a broad! to use the parlance of her time.

Wikipedia lists six husbands for her. Someone as dynamic, brilliant and beautiful as she was must have been hard for a man of her era to absorb. You noted that she had few options for a woman of her time.

Honored Contributor

I just viewed the Hedy Lamarr YouTube you endorsed, and it was a real treat. Thank you, HAPPY.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I read a biography of her a few years ago. Actually at the time you could read most of it on Amazon. Fun. She told a story of one of her husbands being so jealous he wouldn't let her out of his sight. He was very wealthy and gave her expensive jewelry. She sewed jewels into her clothes and used the money to flee the country. Or something like that.

She was known as ""the most beautiful woman in the world"" and is celebrated in Europe for her contributions as an important scientific inventor.

Now I'll go to UTube. You might also want to go to Amazon and type in her name.