Regular Contributor

Sweaters for pear shapes.....recommendations please!

Hello! I am having the toughest time finding sweaters for my figure. I'm busty but small shoulders/torso/waist. Bottom heavy/saddlebags. Summer tops/blouses are loose and flowy and often have high side slits.

I'm having an awful time finding flattering sweaters. Have been wearing flowy cardigans but I'm tired of that. Most sweaters are too clingy/tight around the bottom. Too short isn't any good and sometimes tunics are too long and clingy. I'm 5' 5". Any suggestions?

Valued Contributor

Re: Sweaters for pear shapes.....recommendations please!

I am also pear shaped and it can be "tricky". I had to find the perfect tunic length for me with much trial and error. I am 5'7 1/2 so the perfect tunic length for me is 30 1/2 to at most 31. My only other option is to wear skirts with spanx and then a cardigan. I'll find some pictures and post below. I find that for me, the undergarments help greatly, I also wear the spanx camisole tank. Well I'm off to find some pictures. Be back soon.

I'm going to show possible new ideas on how to wear things, and a possible skirts.

Valued Contributor

sorry if these pictures appear super large. I don't know how to adjust them.

Valued Contributor

Full Figured & Fashionable: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY Full Figured & Fashionable Plus size fashion for women Like this, but would lose the high collar

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Cute outfits!

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 sunshine3215 said:

i don't know about this EXACT outfit but I really like the colorblocking thing :)

This is the best bottom for a pear shape, either an A line or modified A line. I won't reproduce the big pics, but in post 2 and 3, the hips are balloned out by the way the straight skirt cuts in on the bottom.

Jessiesgirl, for slacks and jeans choose a straight leg, not one that narrows at the ankle. Also, use a dark wash. I like Bandolino "Mandy" from Belk. There's a good navy and a black You don't mention your coloring, but use your lighter colors on the top.

Best of luck!

Valued Contributor