Valued Contributor

Mizrahi 2014 cashmere cowl TSV

I ordered more than one and love everything about it except one thing. Mine all have a slightly odd smell. It's sort of a musty smell. Last year's don't have any smell. It could be from the plastic package or the dye. However, I am a knitter and I am sensitive to odors on yarns. There shouldn't be one. There were all kinds of comments on this years cowl, but not one mentioned this odor. I don't think it's the dye because each color I bought have the same smell. Anyone notice it on theirs???

Respected Contributor

Re: Mizrahi 2014 cashmere cowl TSV

That's too bad. Hang them to air, outside if possible, to see if that helps.

(I didn't buy any.)

Valued Contributor

happygal--No one else has this problem with the TSV cowls. So I will do what you suggested. Hard to believe! Thanks.

Super Contributor

Spray them with Fabreeze unvented, or if you are keeping the cowls for yourself, wash them in eith baby shampoo or woo lite, they will come out soft and fresh smelling. Good luck!
Esteemed Contributor

I wash my cashmere in Wen. Did not work for my hair, but it's great for cashmere. Comes out soft and smells great!

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 queendiva said:

I wash my cashmere in Wen. Did not work for my hair, but it's great for cashmere. Comes out soft and smells great!

I use WEN too, or Philosophy 3 in 1 shower gels.

If a product is good for your hair - I figured it would be good for sweaters - made of animal "hair".