Honored Contributor

HELP NE FIND A LIPSTICK THE SAME COLOR AS LINEA BRICK RED

Hi ladies. I received the Linea cardigan with gold buttons, in the Brick Red. I have gotten very fatigued and I am shopping more online. Can anyone recommend a lipstick match for the a Brick Red in the Linea line? I would like to try MAC, but I am open to other lines, especially ones I can order online. Thanks.
Contributor

Re: HELP NE FIND A LIPSTICK THE SAME COLOR AS LINEA BRICK RED

Laura Geller's Signature Red is a gorgeous brick red color.........one of my favorite colors and looks good on so many skintones!

Respected Contributor

Have you tried Lipstick Queen Sinner Lipsticks? I bought a pack of three and I really love them. Will definitely be buying again---especially red shades now that they are back ""in"" and I've always looked good in red lipstick.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I read somewhere that your blush should be close in color to your lipstick-- not that I think that is entirely true-- maybe if a red lipstick is used, a pink blush instead of a beige or orangey (coppery?) blush should accompany the red lipstick.

ETA: a lipstick pencil should be used to outline the lips before applying lipstick to prevent bleeding of color and to define the lips better.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I haven't checked names yet but I wear a lot of nudes with a brown tone. They work with my chili pepper sweaters; I'm sure they'd work with brick red. I have the swing coat in brick red so I'll check. Just stay away from true blue reds. I'm very fair (Fair in B.E.) and NEVER wear bronzer. I'm too pink.

Valued Contributor

Hi Mindy D, I sent around 2 hours at Bloomingdale's cosmetic department searching for a red lipstick to go with my brick red jacket, so I wore it. Since the name brick tells us this is not a blue red and goes to brown "as the experts told me", here's what I bought. Too many of course and they are all just about the same. There was only one lip liner that really goes with brick red (My hands were literally covered with red lines I tried so many).

Lip Liner: Mac color: REDD (This hands down is the only one that doesn't turn pink)

Lip Stick: Mac: Head in the Clouds A14 Frost (not shiny gives a little life, very pretty)

Lip Stick: Estee Lauder: Red Tango 72 Pure Color Lasting Creme

Lip Stick: Chanel: Coromandel 98 Rouge Allure

Lip Stick: Lip Stick Queen: Red Metal

If I may suggest what works for me and red lipsticks: I apply Philosophy eye and lip crème (in a tube) to the perimeter of my lips and on my lips then apply my foundation (but not to my lips) and blot then I do a very thin film of Bare Essentials Bisque brushed very lightly around the perimeter of my lips including edges, do my lip liner and then lipstick and then if I want more gloss or reflection do a small dab on the center of my lower lip. I never have a problem with reds bleeding if I use Bisque powder. All of the above colors are a true red with no pink or blue. The Mac is my favorite with Estee Lauder Red Tango 72 coming in second (it stays on the best). Good luck with your pretty lips!!

P.S. Nordstrom also carrys all these brands with no shipping fees to and from (no minimums) and will accept returns if you don't like. Nice on line shopping experience.

Respected Contributor

Bobbi Brown has a color Burnt Red that is a brick red. On sale today on her website.

Valued Contributor

On 12/17/2014 Scooby Doo said:

Bobbi Brown has a color Burnt Red that is a brick red. On sale today on her website.

I have this pretty shade and I do like BB lipsticks but has way too much orange for Louis' brick red color. This looks pretty with his color Sienna.

Trusted Contributor

Excellent information and suggestions, Happy Lady. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

I also need help with a "red" lipstick to wear with my Brick Red cardigan sweater. I have auburn hair and fair complexion (not porcelain white, but fair). I can't wear anything overly bright, and I don't want anything drying on my lips. Do you have any suggestions? I usually wear the same lipstick (Fresh Cranberry Lemonade) I've worn for a long time (don't think it's even available anymore). Thanks.