Frequent Contributor

Do you have a legging you recommend?

Looking for something heavier than tights, to hit around ankle length. I am 5'4". And, the world does not need to see the waist band, tummy, or my tail feathers--that is my secret! I would like to wear under tunics, etc.

Any recommendations or brands you prefer?

Thanks in advance!

Contributor

Re: Do you have a legging you recommend?

I bought some black leggings at Sam's Club a couple of months ago. I love the fit and the fabric isn't thin. I'm pretty certain they were under $10 a pair. I think I saw some leggings at DSW too.

Super Contributor

Check out Macy's style and company jeggings. They look like skinny jeans, are soft, stretchy but don't stretch out anywhere, nor do they fade. I bought 2 pair and I absolutley love them. I wear them with boots over the legs, booties, tennis shoes and high heels...for me they are the best. And they don't bind around your tummy or waist.

Super Contributor

You might try costco.com. I recently purchased Matty M leggings (made in the USA). When I purchased they were $11.99 w/free shipping. They are a great weight and launder beautifully.

They have a number of other choices. Although I am a Costco member, it is my understanding that non-members can purchase on dot com but there may be a slight surcharge.

Esteemed Contributor

Vera Wang Twill Leggings from Kohl's. They have some substance and texture to hide any lumps or bumps

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Frequent Contributor

Not sure of Wolford makes leggings but their tights are very high quality and very nice. They are expensive but you can find sales. I love them.
Honored Contributor

I have lots of leggings, and never buy the same brand twice. I just look for a heavier weight fabric...don't want to buy anything that could pass as pantyhose.

If I had to give a recommendation...Spanx sells their brand at Kohl's....under a Spanx branded name. Can't remember exactly what they call it, but the quality is good, and the regular price is about $44, but is always on sale, and you can also use coupons/online codes.

Honored Contributor

Here is one type of Kohl's Spanx leggings, called Assets. There are other styles, too.

Occasional Contributor

Vera Wang heavy knit leggings with a permanent front seam. So comfy and thick enough to cover appropriately. S-m-L sizing. I liked the gray so much I now have five in every color. Kohls.
Esteemed Contributor

Vera Wang for knit leggings.

I got some very nice denim ones last year at JCP called A.N.A. on black Friday. They didn't have them this year & I was disappointed as I wanted more. I love them with boots in the winter.