Super Contributor

Has anyone else noticed price increases recently (Linea or other)? I have a few Linea jewelry items on my wish list, and just noticed at least a couple of them have increased by a few dollars. I'm so over QVC...I continue to wish Linea could be purchased anywhere else. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Honored Contributor

I noticed that yesterday. A bunch of stuff, including Linea. Maybe because they are "offering" reduced S/H on items??? Kinda sneaky....

Honored Contributor

Realizing this is going to sound alarmist, I am going to apologize up front. Also, this is just anecdotal, but from what I can see from the actions of my government agency and what has occurred on the floor of the building where we lease space, things are not looking good.

I don't have to tell you that the price of many goods and services have gone up. All I can say is that some companies on our floor lived from government contracts. They gave up their space and are now working from home. As for me and my office, guess what? I just learned on Friday that we will be leaving our very nice digs for more modest surroundings. Many offices are being consolidated, with the consequence of reduced personnel. Many of us are retiring, so that helps, but the rest...

Anyway, the middle class is not faring too well lately, but I am sure you have noticed that.

And what about the building owners? They are soon to have a totally empty floor.

Super Contributor
On 12/14/2014 Goldie76 said:

Realizing this is going to sound alarmist, I am going to apologize up front. Also, this is just anecdotal, but from what I can see from the actions of my government agency and what has occurred on the floor of the building where we lease space, things are not looking good.

I don't have to tell you that the price of many goods and services have gone up. All I can say is that some companies on our floor lived from government contracts. They gave up their space and are now working from home. As for me and my office, guess what? I just learned on Friday that we will be leaving our very nice digs for more modest surroundings. Many offices are being consolidated, with the consequence of reduced personnel. Many of us are retiring, so that helps, but the rest...

Anyway, the middle class is not faring too well lately, but I am sure you have noticed that.

And what about the building owners? They are soon to have a totally empty floor.

Are you with the COE in Seattle? Just wondering. I am, we had the entire building, and everyone on the first floor had to move up to the second or third floor due to budget cutbacks so space could be leased out to other agencies, thus saving funds...let me know, we can compare Linea items!!!

Honored Contributor

LDOlvr, no. I'm with another agency in the D.C. area. My manager told me that the EPA has already (must soon?) consolidate 85 of its offices.

Not looking good. This goes beyond government over-spending. We have already cut back, way back.

Must leave now and won't be able to respond until after a few hours.

Trusted Contributor

There is one necklace in my Wish List that I was going to purchase, but I won't be now. In my notation box I typed in that the original Q price was $81 .... then on Dec. 1st the price changed to $89 ..... then on Dec. 12 a price increase to $99 w/free S&H. There were a few other items with this same type of increase. I have not only been watch less and less of the Q but also purchasing less and less on the Q. The Q has become very boring these last few years with their flashlights and Disc gear cases, coffee makers, etc. There are only a few vendors I will watch (Linea is one of them) and look for items on-line, but I too, am shopping more elsewhere. I miss the jewelry shows, I would watch even if I wasn't going to purchase. Now, with the continued price increase on just about all of the essentials, these luxuries will go to the bottom of the list.

Super Contributor

Have you been in a supermarket lately? Ground beef was $7.99 a pound yesterday.

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed the price increases on the jewelry but I have only purchased a few pieces of it. I would willingly pay higher prices if the Q would allow a better quality of fabric to be used. My purchases are dwindling every year.

Honored Contributor

I doubt that if Linea were available elsewhere, it would be cheaper. What I'm seeing where I like to shop is that the clothing I like is costing more than it did. Yes, there's lots of cheap stuff out there, just not good inexpensive garments.

A salute though to QVC: I often feel I look better in a 1X than I do in a large blouse. I have to take up the shoulders, but at least the bust doesn't gap. Anyway, just a few weeks back as I walked through Macys on my way to a hairdresser in the interior mall, I saw a blouse I liked and priced it - $58 (not on sale with a gazillion others.) On my way out, I tried it on. Didn't like where the pockets hit, so I went to try it in a 1X. Better fit - and $10 more! That doesn't happen here.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I also noticed some Linea clothing items in my wishlist went up in price a little bit.