Esteemed Contributor

Opinions - tops/vests longer in the back than in the front...???

This is pure curiosity. I know a lot of people love LOGO, which is mostly the hi-lo hems, or sharkbite, etc. But for those who don't go quite that far in our choices, what do you think of regular tops that are just longer in the back? I personally don't like anything on me that is longer in the back, even if it's only a couple of inches. I love this vest and was ready to buy it, from Denim & Co - A259644 - in two colors until I watched the video and realized that they made it longer in the back. SG has tops that are a lot longer in the back, which I would never wear, and this one is not that much longer, but it made me not buy it. I may be too picky, but I just don't like this feature. I thought it looked okay in these pictures, until I watched the video. Just wondering if anyone else feels like I do. I hope this "trend" doesn't go on for very long.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Denim & Co. Zip Front Quilted Vest with Faux Sherpa LiningDenim & Co. Zip Front Quilted Vest with Faux Sherpa Lining

Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions - tops/vests longer in the back than in the front...???

Not really a fan. I bought a cashmere sweater with that feature and I ended up donating it after a couple of wearings. I won't buy that style again unless it is a silk blouse that doesn't cup my posterior.

Honored Contributor

I think the back of that vest is very flattering to most people. I like the way it comes down.

Everyone has different preferences.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/25/2014 brii said:

I think the back of that vest is very flattering to most people. I like the way it comes down.

Everyone has different preferences.

I agree that it does look good from the angle in the picture, which is one of the reasons I started to buy it. But when I saw the video and how it looks from the side, I changed my mind. I appreciate your input.

Valued Contributor

I love this look. - shorter in the front - longer in the back. Very flattering on most people.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like quilted jackets, so that vest is a no-go for me regardless of cut. As far as hi-lo hems with a dip in the back.......it depends. If they're not too long and the garment is cut so there's a little bit of A-line swing that keeps proportions flattering, it can work. Some of the long, straight pieces that droop far down in the rear aren't nice on a woman with curves and/or a caboose. Some of the uneven hems that hang far down do not flatter rounder or more petite frames. Really, it depends on the individual piece and how it looks on my body.

Honored Contributor

I do like a little high low for variety, but I don't like the ultra casual look of Logo. I wear Michael Kors, Vince Camuto, and Dennis Basso. Sometimes I order from Joan Rivers. I do like Jen Rade. I taught design and work in retail now.

I think high low style will go out with leggings, and so many people wear that, it will be a while.

Super Contributor

i love this look . looking awesome

Honored Contributor

I love the look as long as the back isn't too long because I'm on the short side. The look (I believe) became popular because the average woman wants a little "butt" coverage when we wear skinny jeans and leggings. I don't how long the trend will last. It might not be a trend, it might be with us for many years to come. I remember when we all thought skinny jeans were a trend. I do know that there are plenty of tops out there, everywhere, that are not asymetric or longer in the back. Plenty! It's a style and I'm fairly certain that the Fashion Police are not going door to door arresting people who don't wear that particular style. Stop focusing on what you DON'T like and think more about what you do like.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/25/2014 chrystaltree said:

I love the look as long as the back isn't too long because I'm on the short side. The look (I believe) became popular because the average woman wants a little "butt" coverage when we wear skinny jeans and leggings. I don't how long the trend will last. It might not be a trend, it might be with us for many years to come. I remember when we all thought skinny jeans were a trend. I do know that there are plenty of tops out there, everywhere, that are not asymetric or longer in the back. Plenty! It's a style and I'm fairly certain that the Fashion Police are not going door to door arresting people who don't wear that particular style. Stop focusing on what you DON'T like and think more about what you do like.

I know there are all kinds of tops out there that don't have this look - I liked this vest very much until I saw how it looks from the side. All I asked for were simple opinions... I haven't made any judgments on anyone who does like it or anyone who doesn't. I didn't ask to be lectured.