Honored Contributor

I love, love, Christmas! I love the decorating, the wrapping, cooking goodies for family and friends, shopping, and the holiday cheer. The delight when my family opens their gifts!

I love Christmas music! A month of Christmas music, which a lot of is high intensity however, played twenty four hours a day, is too much for me! Especially when I first get up! This is what my fav station has gone to and I can't pick anything else up where we live. I like a little of this music sprinkled through the day.

I always get ready with the radio on, and listen to music and traffic updates when I drive to work. I do have a USB with my fav type of music. Last year I bought a small CD player and used my old CD's while I was getting ready first thing in the morning!

How much Christmas music is pleasing to you?

Honored Contributor

I like my Christmas music in moderation. A few hours a day in the final week is fine.

Super Contributor

My cable system has a bunch of Music Choice channels ... one of them is Sounds of the Season. I frequently have either that channel or Soundscapes channel on in the background.

Honored Contributor

I do believe that one can have too much of a good thing. I love Christmas music but I don't listen to it 24/7 and I don't start listening to it until after Thanksgiving. I drove in to work this morning and my favorite radio station was already into 24/7 Christmas music. I listened to few songs but I just wasn't "feeling it". Another week and I'll be in full Christmas mode but even then, I'll take my Christmas music and Christmas movies in moderation.

Honored Contributor

Our easy listening station on our satellite radio will do the same , probably next week. It is too much. We will probably listen to jazz or classical then.

Honored Contributor

Already one radio station has changed to Christmas music 24/7 and the Sirius XM radio on channel 17 has changed to Christmas music instead of the 'love' music.

I would prefer to hear Christmas music on one or two radio stations (not the now 3 or 4 that will switch at Thanksgiving) at the start of December.

Even the supermarket and department stores are already doing the Christmas music! Too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

A little bit, on Christmas Eve & Christmas & I try to find classical holiday music so it doesn't get boring. I mean, how many times can I hear "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" before imploding?

Respected Contributor

I adore Christmas music! I have a senior citizen choral group, and we're scheduled to do 15 volunteer programs during December. In addition, I'm in a duo with a friend of mine, and we'll also be presenting 4 programs.

I've been rehearsing Christmas music, therefore, for a while now--and I never tire of it.

It irritates me that Christmas music on the radio and TV disappears right after Christmas Day. (After all, there are 12 days of Christmas, and the 25th is only Day One.)

Esteemed Contributor

So, I know I'm the exception here....I really hate christmas music. ...I mean I really, really hate it. I try to avoid it as much as possible. It almost makes me nausauous (spell?).

Valued Contributor
The only Christmas songs I can take are those done in church. The radio stations going on & on 24/7, malls, stores, even some restaurants, ---it's mind numbing. Don't like the feeling of BAH HUM BUG. An overload of anything is not for me.