Valued Contributor

Does Anyone Have The Item # of this Vintage Linea Piece?

Does anyone happen to have the Item # of the short sleeved crew neck knit top Louis put out probably over 6 years ago that had machine embroidery all around the yoke in front? It originally came in black with embroidery, in red with embroidery and in ivory in embroidery? I would dearly love the item picture of that piece but must have cut the tags out of it years ago. I don't THINK it was a whisper knit - just a knit. With the item number I could search for it here. Thanks to any who can help in this search. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have The Item # of this Vintage Linea Piece?

I have a long sleeved embroidery knit sweater in ivory and red if this helps you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

WOW Just Jazz. That helps a LOT!!!! Do you still have the item #?

Valued Contributor

I thought this item was short sleeved but must have been wrong. I cut the sleeves off YEARS ago because they were too confining on my aching body. But the ""sleeveless"" version works great and even better now with the new cardigans with the patch pocket and Linea signature buttons.

The item # could still be really helpful to secure a picture of the ivory and the black versions! Many thanks Just Jazz. You are amazing!!!

Valued Contributor

Oops! I was so excited Just Jazz that I did not notice the link! Oh my goodness, you made my day!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 11/23/2014 TheOwl said:

Oops! I was so excited Just Jazz that I did not notice the link! Oh my goodness, you made my day!!!!

TheOwl, I have the red one on now and its not long sleeved but 3/4 sleeved. This is the one you wanted to know about right??{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

I was going to say, if anyone has the information it would be JustJazz or a few more Linea lady experts. Glad JJ found it. I was trying to remember such a top and was coming up with nothing. I was thinking more of the long sleeve sweater with bell sleeves and embroidery from many years ago.

Owl I guess I am confused, are you going to try to make one yourself, or search EBay for them?

Honored Contributor

There was also a similar embroidered skirt that I own in cocoa brown color. I see it came in black and ivory as well.

Honored Contributor

On 11/23/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I was going to say, if anyone has the information it would be JustJazz or a few more Linea lady experts. Glad JJ found it. I was trying to remember such a top and was coming up with nothing. I was thinking more of the long sleeve sweater with bell sleeves and embroidery from many years ago.

Owl I guess I am confused, are you going to try to make one yourself, or search EBay for them?

I remember that one as well, I think the pictured one was in a blue color. It was around on the Linea pages for the longest time.

Valued Contributor

Imaclotheshog - no I'm for certain not going to try to make one myself Smiley Wink I have the 3 tops - yes JustJazz - this is the top - in black, red and in ivory. But I "remade" them many years back when I turned them into essentially "tanks" by cutting off the sleeves.

I'm an inveterate record keeper. I've kept a photo document of whatever clothing I have purchased over the last 10 years or so in order to know at a glance what I have that is still good, fits and enjoyable to wear - so that I do not OVER buy. There are a few pieces in the Linea line that I did not get photos of and since I no longer have the item numbers on them, because I removed tags, I've hunted all over e-bay trying to spot those items without success. This particular piece will be used again this winter season and I've been reminded that I don't have it in the picture inventory. JustJazz took care of that problem for me today.

I keep a picture document because I can copy and paste any item anywhere in the doc and tell at a glance what "goes together" and what does not. This way I can get more mileage out of my clothing. If all this sounds wildly strange to you - there are some of us organizational-aholics out here. And this particular pursuit has been fun, saved me money in the end, let me match up things from 7 and 8 years ago in the Linea line with supposedly "new" colors with "new" names but which really go with some of the golden oldie pieces Louis did years ago. It's been gratifying, wardrobe extending and I have a lot better fix on what will work with the whole wardrobe picture and what will not.