Respected Contributor

Wow, after 4 and no thread? Where is everyone? Hope you're off doing fun things!

Nothing much going on here - it's warmer, in the 50s, so I'll take the dogs out for a bit and check to see if the watches for the Christmas shoe boxes have arrived. If they're not here, I'm going to demand my money back as the boxes have to be ready to take to church on Sunday.

Nothing much else is new - have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - TGIF

Arlene--Thank you for starting the thread. Yes, it seems that our people are busy elsewhere. I just got home from work.

We are having a little heat wave here also. It is in the 30s with sunshine but compared to what we had, it feels much warmer.

We are now off for a week for Thanksgiving break. It is also deer season week next week, so many use the time to go hunting. The week is outside of the school calendar which means the required 180 instructional days will still take place. We could have started later if we didn't have that break but in our area, deer hunting is a big emphasis during Thanksgiving week.

I'm now watching the Honora TSV presentation. I have no desire for them. I have good pearl earrings which I rarely wear. I like my hoops.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Arlene! Thanks for getting us started. I know Jean is at work and Kathleen is in Vegas, but I don't know about the rest of our ladies. Glad it is warmer there.

DH and I had a travel club meeting this morning (interesting presentation about three Greek islands), and then went for a walk. We had lunch at Subway (higher prices, which didn't please me), and I picked up some groceries.

I'll be leaving for Curves soon. It turns out that they give you a T-shirt after 100 workouts, and I should reach that mark on Monday. The T-shirt has been ordered, but I don't know how soon I'll receive it. Meanwhile, my driver's license did come in the mail (thank goodness.)

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, LindaR, Susan, Marijane, Rosa, twinny, Gayle, Kelli, Karen, Val, Sonya, Nancy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Jean. That is some heat wave. I think you probably can use the time off, but I know you miss teaching. Hope you can relax a bit next week. DD wanted the TSV earrings, so I ordered them for her in the white. I have smallish ears, so I decided not to purchase them for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Congrats upon the recognition of your 100th workout at Curves. You deserve the recognition.

I have a hair appointment in the city tomorrow for a trim and color with highlights. I may or may not be meeting a friend for lunch. He is having a heart cath on Monday, which hopefully will reveal the extent of his problems so he can be treated appropriately.

I just had a slice of the Mrs. Prindible's apple which the vice-principal gave me. This apple is very big so I'll get several slices out of it. It is very good.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

TGIF! We are back to warm weather. I was actually able to walk/jog this am and the weather was very comfortable.

I cleaned house like crazy yesterday. I took some time off from doing much and was thinking, when did I even do it last?

My goal for the next few days is to go through drawers, closets, and donate to the thrift shop close by us. I was able to replace some items with the birthday Kohls card I received and need to thin down so I don't get cramped in my closet. I take some of the better items to a resale shop but they are particular and I am getting to the point of just going straight to the thrift shop. The resale shops prices are not that customer friendly at present. It used to not be that way but when you consider using coupons, waiting for discounts you can get decent prices on new items and I think that is hurting the resale business at least in my location.

Well I hope everyone has a good weekend. We still haven't nailed down our Thanksgiving Day plans but I am pretty relaxed about it. I just don't want to get spun up over the holiday stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--You have been an Energizer bunny wabbit. Do you have energy to spare? Do you want to come and take care of cleaning here? It is sadly needed with my working every day and not feeling well. One of the positives about living by one's self is that one can delay doing things but then that adds pressure when time is available to get things done.

I went to one of those consignment places once. I had several suits which were in excellent condition, most of which were from JCP, etc. Two, however, were from Nordstrums and were much, much higher in price. They sold the JCP types at a price higher than the Nordstrum suits.

I am with you about not getting hung up over holiday plans. I just take it one day at a time.

Respected Contributor

Since I started volunteering at the thrift shop---it has been a real experience. we price thinks very reasonable. "Brand Names" usually command a dollar or two more. Some really lovely pieces comes through. It is fun to see estate sale leftovers come in---you never know what you will find in the boxes. One was at least 50 pairs of nail clippers, tweezers, and small scissors.

We are expecting heavy rain and possible severe weather tomorrow. Should clear out on Saturday night/Sunday morning and be lovely for a few days.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--After rain there can be rainbows, so hopefully your heavy rain will not be of a nature that causes damage, but is followed by the good weather. I'm sure volunteering at the thrift shop has been an interesting experience. I think it is interesting checking out thrift shops in different locations; the affluent locations can really have some nice things in the thrift shops.