Frequent Contributor

I noticed this morning on fashionably early with Jane and Pat that the shipping on items seemed to jump overnight. Most seemed to be 7.72. Merry Christmas to us?

Honored Contributor

i would not be surprised.....remember the site was down 2 days ago. you could not order online, only by phone. it was probably down so that they could jack up prices. i have seen it happen before when there were "technical difficulties."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Gas prices are way down and expected to stay down for the next 12 months, so that's not the cause. My guess is they're padding the end of the year profit margin, as the shipping cost mark up goes to their bottom line.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Super Contributor

It's insane to expect customers to pay these outrageous prices. I'm going to be buying locally and supporting hometown business as much as possible.

Super Contributor

LOL, yup----I noticed that too.

Merry Christmas!!!!! Just do what I am doing more and more----shopping elsewhere online where I can get great sales and free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I have three fairly light weight things in my cart right now and the shipping is over $14. And one of those items even has half-off shipping and it's still that much! I think I'm going to hit ""delete.""

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

QVC makes a lot of money on shipping. I agree that it's likely a way to pad the 4th quarter bottom line as most people don't notice slight increases in shipping prices. Raise the per unit average price of the item and then raise the per unit average shipping costs to increase the bottom line.

But it sure adds up.

QVC still has better prices on Joan Rivers clothing and jewelry than TSC in Canada though even with the exchange rate, you are getting a better deal on her stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another price increase after the new year rolls around too.

Frequent Contributor

The shipping rates are outrageous on QVC's website. I have ordered several things recently but not nearly what I have ordered from HSN, SHOPHQ, Amazon and Lands End.

I seldom watch QVC anymore - just check the website for most items and of course, this blog. Have only one thing I really want from QVC, so will watch for it but think the bulk of my shopping in 2015 will be from other locations.

Super Contributor

shipping doubled on the as is marvelush shrugs as soon as they started selling what a scam HSN is offering tons of free shipping QVC better watch out

Honored Contributor

Shipping stops me from hitting submit a lot of times.