Respected Contributor

Got five berets for seventy five dollars at the boutique across the street from me. Even had a red to match the brick red scarf. Label in most of them says Parkhurst. Maybe you could google it and see if you come up with anything. I've been wearing berets all my life; whenever I see a color I don't have that I like I get it. I find different colors every year. I also buy backups because I throw the old ones in my purse for sloppy weather.

Respected Contributor

Is that you, Monica? All joking aside, it is nice to have a signature look.

Super Contributor

Berets were part of my school uniform in both grammar school and high school. Just such an easy hat to wear!

I have a collection of my favorite colors.

Respected Contributor

I only have a black beret. I wonder where Louis gets the berets the models wear. The berets always seem to match the outfits.

Honored Contributor
On 11/1/2014 Lyn08 said:

I only have a black beret. I wonder where Louis gets the berets the models wear. The berets always seem to match the outfits.

Not the look for me but I think he has stated he buys anywhere he can find them. You could probably find an assortment on-line.

Valued Contributor
Parkhurst is a Canadian company. They make fabulous hats in all different styles, and I've had many of them over the years, including berets. I've purchased mine at Lord & Taylor, and they're also very nice quality at reasonable prices.
Respected Contributor

They were really popular after Monica. I have a black one covered with black sequins that I got that year. I love hats; I have no idea how many I own.

Respected Contributor
Thank you for this info, 100% wool! made in Canada, Parkhurst is on Amazon and I bookmarked to order.Smiley Happy wool works for me!
Super Contributor

Recently added this beret to my hat collection - it's angora - so soft & very warm. Darn cute too!

The Dottie Beret from Soft Surroundings / Camel & Black

Valued Contributor

I have found cute hats at some of the teenage stores like forever 21 and some local Beauty supply stores. They are not as structured as the "berets" but they don't cost as much and you can have a large volume of hats. I have also gotten some unique ones at Etsy. Here are some pictures.

Crochet Pattern Ribbed Slouchy Beret - AverySlouch Bubble Beret Crochet Pattern.Permission to sell finished items.The Marcie hat with pink flowerTaupe Beige Slouchy Beret, Womens Hat, Black Ribbon, Chunky, Teens, Winter, City Hat, Birthday Gifts, Gifts for Her, JE368BTR2Crochet Beret Slouchy Hat- Plum