Super Contributor

The high low hems, the asymmetrical hemlines, all copying LOGO. Interesting how SG breaks from her traditional frumpy liquid knit styles to try and grab some business from Lori.

Honored Contributor

Re: SG and D&CO copying LOGO

I don't think Lori invented hi/lo hems, etc; they have been around for a long time; LOGO just made the style more popular. I have seen many brands with styles similar to LOGO in the dept stores.

Honored Contributor

I guess the world must be copying Logo because I see those styles everywhere in stores and ads. How do you know Logo isn't copying them? I bet they started in Europe and Logo copied someone there.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

But the length has to hit just right or it's not a cute look. I'm short and round shaped, and they look awful on me. I saw a lady at a party recently and it was not a good look on her either. Think it's made for taller people?

Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 kachina624 said: I guess the world must be copying Logo because I see those styles everywhere in stores and ads. How do you know Logo isn't copying them? I bet they started in Europe and Logo copied someone there.

That doesn't matter. The OP was talking about D&Co and SG just now getting into the assymetrical hems, a few years after LOGO had them. It wasn't that long ago SG was talking about how she didn't like fussy pointy hems, now she's doing them because they are the fashion now.

Honored Contributor

Then I guess Louis is copying Lori too...plus every retailer out there.

I have been buying asymmetric hemmed tops from J Jill for at least 5-8 years.

Respected Contributor

Those uneven hemlines have been around for awhile. There are also plenty of t-shirt fabric tops with the lace or chiffon trim at numerous retailers. The SG line has always copied what is most prominent in the market. When SG talks about what is trending, this is what she means. I usually stay away from what is trending.

Honored Contributor

Nothing new about asymmetrical hems. They've been around and around and around, so Lori can't claim them for herself. Seems to me her best claim to any originality comes in her layering -which I don't like on me and maybe her color choices which I do like. Lots of times, I think Lori is trying to give QVC an Eileen Fisher look at a much, much lower price.

For me, the more Susan there is, the better - and that's good for QVC, too. When Susan goes, I probably won't be buying anything clothing at all.

Valued Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}I love the look. It would be great if they brought more in with all the designers.

I'm a little sick of liquid knit, so I would just ask that Susan keeps giving us other fabric options. More woven (like the popular Henley top she recently brought), more cotton/span, more French terry, more premier knit..you get the picture.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard Tim Gunn say designers give their interpretations of established styles and fashions.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau