Occasional Contributor

Has anyone received the new suede jacket?

If you have, could you give a quick review.? It looks like a beauty but a bit expensive (of course, I bought the reversible coat). Was hoping to hear from some of you ladies before I pulled the trigger. Thanks so much.

Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone received the new suede jacket?

I received my olive suede jacket today and it is GORGEOUS! The suede is beautiful and soft but not flimsy. The knit panels and sleeves makes it so comfortable to wear. I love Louis's olive and this works with the numerous pieces that I have. It'll also look great with camel, walnut, black, and other colors. I can also see this being worn as a suited look with the olive pants as well as wearing it with jeans. It is a definite keeper for me.

I got it in size large and plan on wearing it over WK sweaters as a blazer but may wear it as light outerwear on warmer fall days. I would have sized up to wear over bulky sweaters and as outerwear over other layers. I went by the Click Here measurements and went with a more fitted size because of the knit panels. I love that the collar can be worn up or down for two different looks. Oh, and the pockets are deep enough to really put your hands in them.

Now I'm wondering what to treat the suede with to protect it from rain and dirt and would welcome any recommendations. If easy pay comes back on this I may get the black.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply! I figured it would be spectacular. I needed just this little push to order in stone!

Frequent Contributor

I received the stone suede jacket and I love it!! I had bought the new leather jacket last year and it was a small, so I compared measurements with the suede jacket and the size 8 had the exact same measurements. The suede is velvety and so versatile. I am 5'8" and this jacket is not too short.

Respected Contributor

I wasn't going to order this (am getting the faux fur reversible) but could NOT pass it up. The stone is on its way, and am so happy to read these reviews!!! It is a fantastic style.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Qulia said:

I received my olive suede jacket today and it is GORGEOUS! The suede is beautiful and soft but not flimsy. The knit panels and sleeves makes it so comfortable to wear. I love Louis's olive and this works with the numerous pieces that I have. It'll also look great with camel, walnut, black, and other colors. I can also see this being worn as a suited look with the olive pants as well as wearing it with jeans. It is a definite keeper for me.

I got it in size large and plan on wearing it over WK sweaters as a blazer but may wear it as light outerwear on warmer fall days. I would have sized up to wear over bulky sweaters and as outerwear over other layers. I went by the Click Here measurements and went with a more fitted size because of the knit panels. I love that the collar can be worn up or down for two different looks. Oh, and the pockets are deep enough to really put your hands in them.

Now I'm wondering what to treat the suede with to protect it from rain and dirt and would welcome any recommendations. If easy pay comes back on this I may get the black.

I am afraid to treat it though I don't know why. I used a spray to protect my Dooney & Bourke suede handbag and it was fine. I did hear Louis say he doesn't use those himself and to spray it in an area where you can see it in case it discolors it.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/30/2014 author said:

I wasn't going to order this (am getting the faux fur reversible) but could NOT pass it up. The stone is on its way, and am so happy to read these reviews!!! It is a fantastic style.

FYI - it was wrinkled when I got it so I have been putting it in the bathroom for a good steaming from the shower. It is better but not there yet.

Valued Contributor

Funny you should mention D&B because this jacket smells like quality leather, like a nice bag. I am concerned about rain but will not treat it without a solid recommendation from a trusted source. If Louis says he doesn't use those sprays, then I'll just be careful not to wear it when they are projecting rain. And if it does rain, I'll take it off and turn it inside out like Jerry Seinfeld did in one of the episodes of his show.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Qulia said:

Funny you should mention D&B because this jacket smells like quality leather, like a nice bag. I am concerned about rain but will not treat it without a solid recommendation from a trusted source. If Louis says he doesn't use those sprays, then I'll just be careful not to wear it when they are projecting rain. And if it does rain, I'll take it off and turn it inside out like Jerry Seinfeld did in one of the episodes of his show.

Brilliant!

I could not pass this one up when it was on EZ Pay. Should be here today. I did show some restraint as it is the only jacket from the Linea fall collection that I purchased among all the beautiful offerings.

ETA: My suede/ knit jacket is here. Fits just like my black leather/knit and faux lamb/knit jackets. Perfect in my Linea size. Thrilled that the olive matches my older Linea pants and WKs beautifully!

Respected Contributor

My stone suede/knit jacket is here and I love it. Fits to perfection in my normal XL, even the sleeve length is just right and not way long. The color is luscious in the velvety suede and the buttons are a great addition to the overall look.

I tried it with the top button done and none of the others as Louis had styled it, fantastic, all buttoned and collar up, great, and unbuttoned with the collar folded back sort of into lapels, super.

I think it will be quite versatile, looks equally good with jeans and a black turtleneck, or with colors as it is so neutral. I love it dressed up with the mid-calf WK black pencil skirt, boots. It's a wow.