Contributor

Hi all...

I hope someone can help me with this question. I purchased Isaac Mizrahi's TSV riding boot in a size 7.5 with a wide foot and wide calf. I was so excited to see such a beautiful boot in wide calf. I carefully read the description and it said that the wide calf had an 18 inch circumference.

I could not wait to try them on when I got them and I could not zip them up on my calf which is 17.5 inches. I was puzzled and took off the boots and took out my tape measure and the circumference of these boots was 16.5 inches around. I measured in different places on the shaft of the boot and there was no part of it that was more than 16.5 inches.

Customer service was of no help except to say to return them and they would not charge me shipping. I am afraid to order another pair to find the same issue and aside from that I would have to go on wait list for them. Can someone tell me if they got these boots in the wide calf and wide foot bed and can you tell me what they actually measure out to?

I am wondering if it's just the size 7.5 that has a smaller calf (even though it's sold as a wide calf)? I read the reviews and people are saying that they have 18 inch calves and the boot fits them beautifully. So I'm left wondering why they don't fit mine?

Thanks for any help

Wintergirl

Trusted Contributor

Re: Isaac Boots--- Need Help

I think the descriptions were wrong but either way it sounds like you got the medium calf instead of the wide.

From the IM TSV Wide Calf description (A257667): Approximate measurements: Heel 1"H; Shaft 15-1/2"H;Medium calf circumference 15-1/2"; Wide calf circumference 17"

From the IM TSV Medium Calf description(A256982): Approximate measurements: Heel 1"H; Shaft 15-1/2"H;Medium calf circumference 17"; Wide calf circumference 18"

I'm sure one of those is a typo! Either way, if yours measured 16.5 they are not as Wide as the measurements stated.

You should pay shipping only once. If you love the boots I say go for it and see if the next ones are better. It's QVC's mistake so they should pay for shipping the first pair back and shipping the second pair to you. They sold you something that wasn't what they said it was so don't let them charge you for anymore shipping.

Good Luck!

KJPA
Contributor

Re: Isaac Boots--- Need Help

Thanks for your response. I was wondering the same thing. I think the boots are not the wide calf for the wide foot bed (18inch calf) and they sent me the wider calf for the medium foot bed (17 inch calf). The boots were likely stamped and packed incorrectly.

I will try for another pair. I am just bummed that I have to go on waitlist for them.

Regards

Wintergirl