Valued Contributor

Since we have two discussions, about the same item, going on at the same time; how about we do this so no one is chastised or feels bullied:

If you have received the Shetland poncho and like go to discussion titled "Has any one received the Shetland Poncho" and give your reviews.

If you have received the Shetland poncho and don't like go to the discussion titled "Ladies who received poncho" and give your reviews.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Esteemed Contributor
It is sad and very telling that this even needs to be suggested to keep posters who expressed a negative opinion on this poncho from being thrown to,the lions. I doubt you will ever see either of them stick their heads outside the closet again which is most probably what was wanted anyway.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the OP meant to dissuade critiques...at least that's not how I took it. I took it to be an attempt to keep the thread (s) from turning into something less than pleasant. As some folks like the item and some folks don't ... and each 'side' has a right to their opinion ... but why have hurt feelings on either side?

:::shrug:::

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor
On 10/25/2014 KathyPet said: It is sad and very telling that this even needs to be suggested to keep posters who expressed a negative opinion on this poncho from being thrown to,the lions. I doubt you will ever see either of them stick their heads outside the closet again which is most probably what was wanted anyway.
ITA & lost sales too!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
On 10/25/2014 kate2357 said:

I don't think the OP meant to dissuade critiques...at least that's not how I took it. I took it to be an attempt to keep the thread (s) from turning into something less than pleasant. As some folks like the item and some folks don't ... and each 'side' has a right to their opinion ... but why have hurt feelings on either side?

:::shrug:::

Why is it unacceptable to have both negative and positive opinions posted in the same thread? There just seems to be an intolerance of anything less than glowing stated about this line. My experience as well as others.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor
Again....I did not take the suggestion to be anything other than an attempt at having the conversations stay civil. I have read many critiques about Linea items... or the lack of say a tall version ... and then the whole feather wt line conversations ... eek ... so yeah, people do discuss the line with a critical eye. I personally think conversations can go sideways whenever the critique veers towards the personal. Such as...people who wear X look dowdy. Or people who buy X look like they are trying too hard to look young. People tend to get their feelings hurt when someone accuses them of looking less than nice. Why not just say X item does not work for them? I read reviews and the boards to get other folks feedback on products. I appreciate honest opinions .... but don't really need snarky jabs.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."