Contributor

Hi everyone..is anyone interested in a "button trade?" I have the new navy cardigan with gold buttons. I would love to trade either silver or pewter buttons with anyone who needs the gold. I have tried to find buttons (Louis told me that the size is 24 line which I have converted via a conversion chart to 15 mm size). I checked on-line for buttons, and the selection is not great. So, if anyone is interested, please let me know. If not, I will continue my search.

Honored Contributor

Have you looked in JoAnn's Fabrics?
They sell La Mode and La Petite. Here is the main company that sells to JoAnn's Fabrics.

I have successfully switched out buttons from their selection.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Try eBay. There are a lot of button sellers--good prices, too.

Contributor
On 10/20/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Have you looked in JoAnn's Fabrics?
They sell La Mode and La Petite. Here is the main company that sells to JoAnn's Fabrics.

Hi Jazz..I have checked out M & J Trimming which Louis recommended a while ago, and basically Google searched. for buttons. Nothing really stands out. I think you are on Long Island too...any places you may know? I thought about Michael's, but I don't think they have too much. Will check your suggestion. Thanks. Ellen

Super Contributor

thanks for sharing link

Honored Contributor
On 10/20/2014 elleni said:
On 10/20/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Have you looked in JoAnn's Fabrics?<br /> They sell La Mode and La Petite. Here is the main company that sells to JoAnn's Fabrics.

Hi Jazz..I have checked out M & J Trimming which Louis recommended a while ago, and basically Google searched. for buttons. Nothing really stands out. I think you are on Long Island too...any places you may know? I thought about Michael's, but I don't think they have too much. Will check your suggestion. Thanks. Ellen

JoAnn's is in a few places-- Westbury, Commack, West Babylon, Holbrook etc.

Stores

Contributor
On 10/20/2014 crdlb said:

Try eBay. There are a lot of button sellers--good prices, too.

Thanks...trying etsy as well. I originally thought the button size was 12mm, which is really difficult to find. Louis said they are 15mm which is probably a bit easier to locate. Onward!

Honored Contributor

I think the site I listed buttonlovers.com has the buttons listed in mm. I usually bring the button I want switched out and see what works. One time I did bring the sand crepe jacket because I no longer wanted the pearl buttons (less opportunities to wear with fancy buttons). I did find a nice substitute at JoAnn's Fabrics.

Valued Contributor

I would like to suggest that you try Britex in San Francisco. They have an amazing selection of buttons. Their website is britexfabrics.com.

Contributor

Hi elleni's,

I would love to trade buttons with you! I could send the silver buttons from my Hunter Green boyfriend sweater if your still interested. LMK