Esteemed Contributor

Maybe these fabrics are not the trend. I happen to like them but it seems that they are 'not the thing' anymore. Kind of like horse and buggy days. I think a black velvet/velour jacket or blazer is nice to wear. Guess I was raised to think differently.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I think a black velvet or velour blazer would be a classic look and would never go out of style!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor
On 10/18/2014 Love Roses said:

Maybe these fabrics are not the trend. I happen to like them but it seems that they are 'not the thing' anymore. Kind of like horse and buggy days. I think a black velvet/velour jacket or blazer is nice to wear. Guess I was raised to think differently.

Live freely. Being on trend (which is like following a carrot on a stick) doesn't make for the pretty smile one has when they are happy with their own choices for their own life.

Esteemed Contributor
I have a beautiful RL black velvet jacket I bought a few years ago. It has a asymetrical closing with a satin ruffle on the placket, around the collar and the sleeves. I Have worn it to multiple events with a black velvet skirt,or pants and it always get compliments.
Honored Contributor

When we spent the winters where it gets cold I considered a velvet blazer and a black velvet skirt to be a necessity. They could take you to any and all events. I agree with the poster who said they are a classic that never goes out of style.

Respected Contributor

I've never been a fan. Even if it comes back in style, I'm staying with what I have.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the posts. I may be old fashioned in my like of certain styles but I like what I like.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Wear what you want.

Respected Contributor

If I like something, I wear it!

Trusted Contributor

I like velour -- soft, easy-care, easy-wear, adaptable for casual or dressy. I don't care if velour is "on trend" or not; it's comfortable, versatile, and very wearable; I have some nice velour pieces, and I will wear them this fall and winter.

I hate old-fashioned velvet -- stiff, primly tailored, non-stretchy, has to be dry-cleaned, easily ruined if you damage the nap. Not for me.