Respected Contributor

boucle hooded color block coat

item A35432

This is the first SG item I have purchased. The 3rd fashion item from QVC . I usually just purchase items from the kitchen & home departments. Last year I bought 2 coats from D&C , kept one and sent back another as I ordered according to measurements and one was huge so I found that to be a disappointing experience. I thought never again! Just brick and mortar stores where I can try it on.

Lately I shopped B&M stores and could not find anything and noticed prices were high every where. I kept seeing this item demo'd from SG & thinking it was really cute . It had free shipping and holiday return so I thought ok.

I must say I adore it. Bought it in camel, a size L to fit over winter sweaters (could probably have used a M, but didn't want to chance it. I feel it is a good quality for the price. The material is warm and it seems well made. It was on EP at the x.

The reason I started paying attention to SG's presentations was all the postings I saw about her 'unique' personality. I watched to give myself a chuckle. Smiley Happy But after looking closely at some and finding this purchase so satisfying I will check out more in her line. Probably clearance and 'deals' as I just could not pay some of the prices for one top . I do want to look into some more though.

Valued Contributor

Re: boucle hooded color block coat

This is a new color block coat from Susan. It's very nice. I ordered it in the bordeaux. Susan does make nice coats.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this the coat you purchased? I realized that a number was left out of the item # - it's A235432 in case anyone else needs it. I have this coat in the blue and also the camel - I love the feel and style of it, but if I had my choice, the hood would be removable. I don't live in a very cold climate, so I seldom need a hood like this. Even with that said, I've been toying with ordering the purple, but I just don't need another coat - I already have too many! (I'm almost hoping it will sell out so I won't be tempted any more!) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Most of Susan's things are very nice, although I find the sizing to be inconsistent sometimes. I agree that her prices have gotten fairly high for some of her items, so I'm glad I have pretty much all I will need for quite a while! Hope you enjoy your coat!

Susan Graver Boucle Fleece Button Front Color-Block Coat with Hood - A235432

Trusted Contributor

I bought this coat "as is" in several colors. It's cute, it's comfy, and the right weight for where I live. I also wish that the hood was removable because it doesn't rain very much here either, lol.

I've been a shopper with QVC off and on for 23 years. I ignored Susan Graver until 2 years ago, when I decided to give one of her liquid knit tops a try. First I learned that the clothing runs big, but once I made adjustments for that, I've bought several other pieces. I like the comfortable, casual/dressy nature of her clothing, and the fact that it's different from what I can find in local stores. Just wish her things were a little less expensive.

Does that mean I like everything Susan Graver designs? No. I probably only like 10-20% of hers, and every other designer's looks here on QVC (or in stores, for that matter.)

Respected Contributor

Yes Kittymom, I left out a # that is the one. I have a lot of black/dark clothes and was looking for brown & camel to go with my brown clothes and this just fit the bill. The winter white at the top is a nice touch. For me , in a very cold climate a hood that does not attach is a great idea as I have at times forgotten to reattach one after cleaning a coat and wishing I hadn't. Hats never stay on my head and scarves are very 'loseable' for me.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I hope it washes well.

Mtnbikegirl , that is a nice looking coat and from what I read it is wool and washable.

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 okaywitheasypay said:

Yes Kittymom, I left out a # that is the one. I have a lot of black/dark clothes and was looking for brown & camel to go with my brown clothes and this just fit the bill. The winter white at the top is a nice touch. For me , in a very cold climate a hood that does not attach is a great idea as I have at times forgotten to reattach one after cleaning a coat and wishing I hadn't. Hats never stay on my head and scarves are very 'loseable' for me.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I hope it washes well.

Mtnbikegirl , that is a nice looking coat and from what I read it is wool and washable.

I know,right?
THat's what I love about Susan's things-easy care!! The faux leather trim is appealing on both styles. I know the MOTO jackets are very in style, but I can't see myself wearing one. I bought Susan Graver's fleece swing jacket for last winter. I wore it all the time, and it still looks brand new! It was very warm too.

Enjoy your new coats ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/17/2014 cerb said:

I bought this coat "as is" in several colors. It's cute, it's comfy, and the right weight for where I live. I also wish that the hood was removable because it doesn't rain very much here either, lol.

I've been a shopper with QVC off and on for 23 years. I ignored Susan Graver until 2 years ago, when I decided to give one of her liquid knit tops a try. First I learned that the clothing runs big, but once I made adjustments for that, I've bought several other pieces. I like the comfortable, casual/dressy nature of her clothing, and the fact that it's different from what I can find in local stores. Just wish her things were a little less expensive.

Does that mean I like everything Susan Graver designs? No. I probably only like 10-20% of hers, and every other designer's looks here on QVC (or in stores, for that matter.)

As is? Just mildly curious does that mean you received it as a waitlist item? Never heard anyone word a item from QVC like that.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Trusted Contributor

Hi Matty6, if you type in the search engine "as is Susan Graver" a bunch of items will show up. As is are items that got returned and might not be in perfect or brand-new condition. You take a little bit of a risk buying items that way, but the savings can be great. Some as is items I've received have been like brand-new. Others have had a perfume smell to them. One had a broken button (but came with a replacement). If you don't like the condition it's in, you can always return it.

The particular coat mentioned in this thread is currently available in limited sizes and colors as is.

Respected Contributor

It hasn't been cold enough yet to wear the new coat I posted about. I will be careful when I wash it though . My washer has a very delicate cycle and will hang dry . I shop at thrift stores a lot and look for QVC labels to give me an idea of sizing and quality.

I saw a SG hooded casual boucle fleece lined jacket - not the same style as above (no telling how old it was either) but evidently had not been washed properly(?) I would not have let my dog sleep on it. I do hope when the x comes the one I bought washes well. Anybody washed theirs yet?

Super Contributor

Susan Graver Boucle Fleece Button Front Color-Block Coat with Hood - A235432

I own this coat, got it last year. It runs a little big. Very warm for a lighter weight coat, and the hood is very nice. However, it looks a little worn after just one season, and I alternated it with several other coats. Price was great though.