Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Wednesday

Hi girls! Can't believe no one has started the thread yet....I also can't believe it's October already - time is flying by unbelievably fast! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

It's a nice day out, and I'm planning to take the dogs to the park before I buckle down on the last stretch of homework - by this time next week I'll be through with the entire semester's work. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Yesterday we took a drive over the river to the north shore, as I've been looking for my Peace cereal (yummy!). Earth Fare didn't have it last time I was there, and Publix doesn't carry it, so I thought I'd try Whole Foods - I don't usually go in there as their prices are ridiculous, but they did have a couple of flavors, and they were on sale. I was hoping to get the raspberry ginger or the mango peach passion, but they didn't have them - I had to settle for maple pecan. Amazon carries most of the flavors, but you either have to get a bunch of boxes, or else the sellers that offer single boxes charge an insane price, plus shipping.

I did sort of blow my diet yesterday - not to where I pigged out, but I had some bananas that were overripe so I made banana butterscotch mini-bundt cakes. I prepared three boxes to give away today (clerks at the good PO, library ladies, and a friend), but there were a few left after the boxes were filled, and... {#emotions_dlg.crying} So, I figure I had a "normal" day's calorie intake, not diet, but I'm back on today.

Guess I'd best get moving; I want to stop at Publix for just a couple of things that are on BOGO.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Wednesday

Hello friends and readers! My jeans were not the ones I wanted - short rise and VERY tight do not a good pair of jeans make! The other pair are cute but a bit loose and I need another opinion before I decide to keep them. In the meantime I've ordered 4 more pairs to try to find the original that I loved (size too big).

Not much happening here. I got to the hair appt 5:30 and she was busy with someone else for a long time. It was 10:15 when I got home and I was a bit reserved about how I felt about my hair but today it looks fab.

I have no plans tonight. Was going to try a small group at my church but have not spoken to anyone about it yet. It will be nice to have some home time. When I got home last night I hadn't even put my clean sheets on the bed, and this makes 3 nights of 5 hour sleeps = not enough.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Arlene. It can be difficult to find particular foods sometimes. Glad you were able to find a substitute that will work. I haven't been to Whole Foods in ages, but we have a sort of substitute store in Arizona (called Sprouts). The prices on produce are generally good, and they have some other things at prices more reasonable than Whole Foods.

Sorry about those jeans Kathleen. Well-fitting jeans are so difficult to find. Hope you get some more sleep tonight. Five hours of sleep is not enough for me either.

Hi Jean -- I went ahead and ordered the Wal Mart beauty box -- it will be fun to get something in the mail without spending much. Hopefully, I will enjoy some of the products that I receive. Hope you are having a good day. Waves to Susan, twinny (praying for you and your family), LindaR, Marijane, Karen, Rosa, Nancy, Sonya, Val, Gayle, Jules, Gina, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

I can't believe it is October already, but.... They had an Octoberfest celebration at the senior center, and DH and I went for the Bavarian brass band. They were very good. We didn't stay for lunch since we didn't feel much like bratwurst, etc.

After that, I went to the 99 cent store for produce (they didn't have much, but...), and DH went into the Wal-Mart. Imagine my surprise to come out of the 99 cent store and see tons of fire engines, etc. at the Wal-Mart (it is close by, across the street from the 99 cent store). There was some problem with the fire suppression system (no fire), and they had evacuated the store. I was somewhat panicked trying to find DH, but some of the firemen helped me locate him at the far end of the parking lot. The Wal-Mart will be closed for at least an hour, so we just came home. We had a walk this morning, and I'll go to Curves this afternoon.

Nothing else to report.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

FHG, It seems like you just started classes. I have never been to Whole Foods, but we go right by one when are going to the UW-Clinics. Yesterday when we were coming home, I did see the parking lot packed with cars. I think they get a good business from the college kids, as I do remember our DD saying she liked to get food there. Sometimes diets are made to be broken & started up again soon.

LL, Our area started with fall festivals about 2 weeks ago. DH & I would have loved to hear that Bavarian band I cannot imagine what a night mare that would be when WalMart had to be evacuated. That makeup deal that you & Jean got sounds like fun to me right now.

RC, I have a couple of pairs of jeans, but I don't like trying on lots of pairs to get the fit that I like. I am glad that you like your new haircut today. When I had to put the eye drops in mom's eyes every 2 hours all night, my DD gave me her fitbit to wear for my wakeup call at 1:30. I woke up on my own at 2:45. I went to bed that night at 9:30 & I usually wake up every 2 hours. I haven't slept 5 hours at one time for 13 years.

DH & I did stay at mom's last night as her home is more familiar territory for her when it comes to going to the bathroom etc. I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night, but I cannot stay up until 11:00 for her last eye drop of the day. DH stayed up last night for me so that was nice. I got up at 7:00 today & did drops then came home & showered. Went back at 8:00 to make sure she did her insulin which she had already done when I got over there. Went back at 9:00 for more drops then DH & I headed to our dentist about 10 miles away. I just had my teeth cleaned & DH ahd his teeth cleaned & his bridge cemented in again. It had been put in 6 years ago & the dentist said he was lucky it has stayed in that long. I remember when he got his first bridge at 19, it stayed in for almost 40 years! We spent a quick $215.00, so my shopping urges are not there right now.

I have ham & scalloped potatoes in the oven. I need to go to mom's at 5:00 for drops & for her to eat. Then at 7:00 DH & I will go over & stay the night again. She didn't even know that we stayed last night. She is going to have Meals On wheels 5 days a week soon. I had to call social services first. They just called me & want to talk to her tomorrow. Hopefully the meals will start on Monday. I thought that I could just call the senior center, but that is not how it works now.

I did get a nice 1 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. It is difficult to find time for a good nap. The weather went from 80's all week to 50's yesterday. It is supposed to be high in the 40's by Saturday. Fall is definitely in the air. DH mowed the lawn yesterday & today lots more leaves fell overnight so he just raked & went to the city garage with them. DH & I did get to enjoy the hot tub after lunch. Hadn't been able to get in for a few days.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Thank you for starting the thread. Blow your diet? Put it behind you and do better tomorrow. Total deprivation of foods you enjoy usually result in people giving up totally but portion control or small portion of something you enjoy is acceptable. You just don't eat the whole thing.

Kathleen--Sorry that the jeans didn't work out for you. It does sound as if you need some more sleep. A night at home just relaxing without obligating yourself to another activity might be a good gift to yourself.

Linda--I hope you enjoy the Beauty Box. I was surprised to find items that I could actually use and in sizes ranging from sample to full size. You are right! It was fun getting that box and knowing much wasn't spent. What was even better was my pricing two of the regular sized items at Walmart and finding the great value of the box.

Twinny--You have an exhausting schedule taking care of your mother as well as your personal health needs. You will be rewarded for it because you love and care for your mother to the best of your ability. Meals on Wheels is a great service.

I worked today and then came home and got my goodies from the Post Office and also went to the drug store to get more prescriptions refilled. I'm on the auto fill program so I just go over when I get the phone call alerting me to prescriptions being ready to pick up. I got more of my lost cards replaced today with the arrival of them in the mail.

I guess I should check out my QVC packages..the Laura Geller TSV and the IM Watch and make a judgment call of ""keep or return."" I haven't ordered LG for a long time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.