Super Contributor

Remember my beloved Ann Taylor faux-wrap knit tops?

It doesn't look like AT will be offering them this year in the fabric that I like. There is a style offered in a stretchy polyester crepe, but I find that that fabric is prone to snag.

Banana Republic has this style top, but I don't like the fabric. I bought one last year and it pilled badly after only a few wearings.

Good news, though! Talbots is now offering this style top. I ordered a black one a couple of weeks ago. The fabric is very substantial and the fit is good. I was unhappy I missed out on the green shade offered, but decided to look again today. It was in stock! So, I ordered the cypress green and Mediterranean blue while the tops are on a "Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off" promotion. For all the wear these tops will see, that's a good deal for me!

I can't tell you how happy I am to be getting this top in green!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Remember my beloved Ann Taylor faux-wrap knit tops?

That's great Maddie enjoy your tops! I really admire this type of top, love it, it is so flattering and so feminine and just a great wardrobe piece. Alas I can not wear these tops. I am small busted, but I am large in the shoulders. I need a Large for my shoulders, and a Medium for my chest. My dilemma is that if I order up and get the large to accommodate my broad shoulders, the bust area sags and is too full and looks bad (and alterations really don't help, I've tried that). If I order medium to accommodate my bust, the shoulders are too snug and pull and look bad. So I have tried soooo many of these tops from AT and other places and they just do not fit my body. I think they are lovely tops though and I am jealous of the women who can wear them and look so chic! I bet they look great on you, enjoy.

If you ever happen to see a wrap top like this that is cut very small in the bust area please let me know. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

Glad you found a great substitute! The Mediterranean blue color is beautiful -- I purchased a jacket in it.

Esteemed Contributor

maddie, I am so happy you found another option for the wrap tops you love. Is this it? I don't see it available in green or is this not it?

Trusted Contributor

I also love that style & color!
Super Contributor

Thanks, Ladies!

magic, yes that is the top. The green probably went fast, just like it did the first time. I hope Talbots will be able to fulfill my order and not send one of those dreaded "We apologize, but we're out of stock..." letters!

Note: Just checked the Talbots site again and now the Mediterranean blue has disappeared from my size (medium). Yikes! I hope I get what I ordered!

Respected Contributor

Win!! Glad you found tops you love. I'm very fond of the wrap style.

Is this the one? I think it's very pretty.

Super Contributor

Yes, peachesncream, that is the top. It appears that colors in my size are disappearing quickly!

Respected Contributor

Yep, that's a winner. When clothes are popular at Talbot's, they sell out in certain colors and sizes fast!

I wish they would restock the popular ones, but that might not be practical for them.

Hope you get your tops!

Respected Contributor

Yes, these are the bomb! I got the black, brown, and floral vine versions. I wanted the cypress green, but it has never been in stock in my size.

I tried the Ann Taylor version last year based upon a recommendation on these boards. I hated them. I thought the fabric was thin and would be prone to snagging. It was also polyester, something I don't care for. I ordered from catalog and returned them the day after they arrived. Problem is, now I can't seem to get off the AT mailing list no matter how many times I hit "unsubscribe." It is quite annoying.