Honored Contributor

I am in the process of switching out my closet from Summer to Winter and I realize there are some tops I did not wear all season, in fact I think I did not wear some of them Summer of 2013, granted we did not have a very hot Summer here.

All of the tops are in good shape. So do I give them away to charity or save them for yet another year.

Thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Closet cleaning question

I would go piece by piece and evaluate. If I haven't worn something for two years I usually donate it. Sometimes I'll keep something that has potential "on probation" for an extra year. I know the rule is one year, but I have worn things after the one year mark and was glad I decided to save them.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

My theory is if you bought the tops in 2013 or prior to, then they should go in your donation box. Chances are by spring/summer 2015 you will have new tops which you will reach for ahead of these, and again they won't be worn. If you bought the top in 2014 and never got around to wearing it -- ask yourself why not. If you can justify the answer, then give it one more chance in 2015. Using a personal example: I have a top purchased at a late season summer sale which I haven't worn. The reason I haven't worn it is because the Chicago summer turned into early Fall before Labor Day, and I went to transition tops. We've had a recent up in temperatures recently, but I've chosen to save the new top for a new item in summer 2015.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi I am still oxox..... every time I switch my closet from summer to winter clothing.. and vise versa... I go through things I no longer wear and donate them to charity. I look at each time and truthfully ask myself whether I will ever wear it again since I have not worn them in a couple years. Usually the answer is no and they go into the "donate" pile. But occasionally there are items that I cannot bear to part with. However, eventually they all do end up being donated. I only donate clothing that is still in good condition.

Honored Contributor

I have a one season rule that I try to stick to ruthlessly. At the end of the season I sort for "dry cleaners," "laundry", "trash" and "donation" and anything I don't wear all season goes to the trash or donation pile depending upon what it is and the condition.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Those tops you have not worn for 2 summers have likely been replaced with others you appreciate more. This would be a good time to give them (donate) to someone less fortunate.

Honored Contributor

I find if I buy clothes that are trendy I donate them after one season. Classics I will keep for ever, in fact unless they just don't fit I won't get rid of them.