Contributor

I just did a search for FFANY shoes on sale and came up with a list of items that was all exactly $1.00 less than the QVC price. Thought items would be less than that.....

If it's too early for the actual sale price, why put in any sale price?

Valued Contributor

I wondered about that but when I went to the product page for the shoes the SOS price was listed as 50% of the retail price.

Contributor
On 9/30/2014 jazzbabe said:

I wondered about that but when I went to the product page for the shoes the SOS price was listed as 50% of the retail price.

I clicked on an item to check after reading your post and you are correct. And this is what is always been advertised as the price. But the way it is set up when you search, I didn't even bother looking in more depth as it didn't look like much of a sale. Wonder how many others will do what I did and just pass on the items.

Respected Contributor

Even during the actual FFANY event, the shoes are not a deal. I liked 4 pairs of shoes and did a Google search. I found EVERY single pair (of shoes that are supposedly on sale) cheaper elsewhere! I give to various charities, so I didn't feel guilty about not purchasing for this event.

Trusted Contributor

Probably the best deal is on shoes that aren't normally discounted. A few years ago I was able to get a pair of pink UGG slippers for $60. They were $120 everywhere else.

Honored Contributor

another ugly line up - this time of shoes....

Esteemed Contributor

Really??? Bummer!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Oh, I am bummed! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor
On 9/30/2014 GypsyKarma said:
On 9/30/2014 jazzbabe said:

I clicked on an item to check after reading your post and you are correct. And this is what is always been advertised as the price. But the way it is set up when you search, I didn't even bother looking in more depth as it didn't look like much of a sale. Wonder how many others will do what I did and just pass on the items.

Something seems off, in years past the SOS prices were always 50% off the MSRP.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

The Shoes on Sale price is listed as being 50% off the MSRP. It has always been the case that you may find a lower on sale price elsewhere. However, the event is to raise money for the charitable causes FFNY supports, so a few dollars difference from elsewhere isn't the most important factor. That said everyone has to be their own guide as to how they spend their money -- even charitable giving.

I personally haven't made a FFNY purchase in quite a while, and have no plans to do so this year. The format is set up in too crazy a manner for me with the busy phone lines, or having to sit by my desktop or have a tablet in hand to go into a frenzy trying to order. I prefer my charitable giving be a calm check writing experience or donation of my time. I can buy my "shoes on sale" elsewhere.