Regular Contributor

O/T: Question related to George Clooney....

George Clooney getting married got me thinking (and wondering) about men who avoid commitments most of their life and then suddenly get married. Do you think they actually just meet "the one" and it changes their outlook- or is it just a timing thing-that they are ready to settle down when someone comes along? (I hope what I am trying to ask is "clear"!) Just interested to see what you think!

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T: Question related to George Clooney....

I think it's just both. Finding the right person though changes everything.

Respected Contributor

Just like Warren Beatty. Maybe GC saw himself getting older and didn't want to spend life alone. I just don't know how you can know anyone in that short amount of time and get married so quickly. I guess I know because I married a man after knowing him for only 6 months. It didn't last.
Honored Contributor

He finally found a woman who keeps him interested. He may have decided that he does not want to be alone, wants children, etc. Whatever, he spend $13 million on his wedding.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 KatCat1 said:

He finally found a woman who keeps him interested. He may have decided that he does not want to be alone, wants children, etc. Whatever, he spend $13 million on his wedding.

George didn't pay for the wedding! .... Amal's parents did ....... they're LOADED. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

He's about the same age as me, married twice like me, with a gap in the middle like me (during which time neither of us found "the right one" until he/she came along).

I'd call him totally normal Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
George didn't pay for the wedding! .... Amal's parents did ....... they're LOADED.

Maybe this is why ""she's the one.""

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 9/30/2014 KatCat1 said:

George didn't pay for the wedding! .... Amal's parents did ....... they're LOADED. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

This was announced on the radio so I was just repeating what was said. So now they are both rich.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Both. He's getting older and maybe doesn't want to see an "alone" future. Perhaps he wants to be a father now, too. She appears to be the right match for him, brains and beauty. They care about and have a life's passion about the same things.

They are a glamorous power couple, that's for sure. I wish them well.

Frequent Contributor

I wish them both the best for whatever reason. I've always loved the whole Clooney family. I am looking forward now to some little Clooneys!