Trusted Contributor

Acrylic Tunic Sweater: size Large or larger

Anyone receive yet in the larger sizes? I ordered 3 but they haven't shipped yet of course. I'm just curious how they fit in the larger sizes (I ordered 1X). All of the reviews so far are wonderful and 5 stars, but they all seem to be from the smaller sized gals. Just wondering. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Acrylic Tunic Sweater: size Large or larger

I ordered both the large and the medium. I'm keeping the mediums. I felt that I looked too frumpy, I guess. I got what Louis was saying about his vision but I could not see myself wearing this out in public and feeling comfortable. Just my personal preference. The mediums are still loose enough to wear over a blouse, which I'm doing today. Have the grey on over the white winged collar blouse with the taupe super ponte pants. The length is perfect-just shy of finger tip. I'm 5'6 for reference. I think this will be one of those sweaters you'll just have to try on and decide what look you are going for.
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 anniebethsmom said: I ordered both the large and the medium. I'm keeping the mediums. I felt that I looked too frumpy, I guess. I got what Louis was saying about his vision but I could not see myself wearing this out in public and feeling comfortable. Just my personal preference. The mediums are still loose enough to wear over a blouse, which I'm doing today. Have the grey on over the white winged collar blouse with the taupe super ponte pants. The length is perfect-just shy of finger tip. I'm 5'6 for reference. I think this will be one of those sweaters you'll just have to try on and decide what look you are going for.

Good insight---this was something I was not sure about but wanted to try---hasn't arrived yet. I will post my thoughts when I get it.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Thanks. I'm excited to get them. I flip flop between XL and 1X in Linea, and went with the 1X because the measurements are so close. I'm busty, so I went with the larger chest measurement, and I'm smaller in the shoulders, so I figured that was my best choice. I guess we'll see!!

Frequent Contributor

I ordered both the blue and the stone in large. I first tried on the blue and was so disappointed when the fit was tight; not at all what Louis described as the intended fit. I always buy large in Linea, so I figured the sweater was just not going to work for me. A day or two later I decided to try on the stone and it was perfect -- the relaxed fit as intended! (I am 5'8" and love the look of this sweater.) Yesterday, I went ahead and ordered another size large in blue, in hopes that this one will be sized correctly. Hopefully this was an isolated case and not the norm!

Regular Contributor

I got mine today and love it!! I ordered my regular WK size - XL. It's oversized but not sloppy. I got it in the Stone which is a great neutral - I'm a pale blond and if looks great with jeans. Thinking about getting another color - maybe the charcoal.