Super Contributor

Can anybody tell me if Waitlist is really worth it? Am I going to wait 45 days only for something to be cancelled? In the past, I've just cancelled things I put on Waitlist just because I didn't believe it would ever ship. But it seems like lately more items are selling out before I can get to them argh--little time to watch presentations live. Waitlist only. If anybody has experience with Waitlist items, please let me know what my chances are :-) Thanks for any help or info.

Honored Contributor

Re: Waitlist - Is it worth it?

I don't often use waitlist, but when I do, there's no problem. I did get a letter once telling me they were waiting two weeks and then it would come.

Honored Contributor

I almost always get my wait list items and sometimes very fast. If you really want something, yes, it's worth it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

In the past 6 years that I've been ordering from QVC, there's only been one time I didn't get a waitlist item (and I use it regularly) and that was only because I was on waitlist for white bottoms at the end of the season. It's worth it, unless you know for certain you are no longer interested in the item.

Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 kachina624 said: I almost always get my wait list items and sometimes very fast. If you really want something, yes, it's worth it.

I agree. I have gotten on waitlist & the item might in within a week.All depends on the item.

Super Contributor

In 26 years, I have used waitlist numerous times. Only once could my order not be filled, because of manufacturing problems. I didn't mind as I was notified as early as possible. Otherwise, I always get exactly what I order.

I'd say it is well worth the risk if you really, really want the item a great deal and are willing to wait for it.

I use it most for gift items all year long.

HTHSmile

Honored Contributor

If I have to wait 45 days, to me, I don't want it. If they sell it, they should have enough on hand and if they don't I don't go on the list. But that's just me.

Honored Contributor

I think it's "worth it" to waitlist. It doesn't cost anything to wait if you truly want what you're waiting for.

Also, if you decide along the way that you don't want to keep on waiting, you can cancel the waitlist.

Seems to me all the risk is on the companies you're waiting for, not on you. Unless you count the frustration of waiting maybe.

Super Contributor

I don't mind waitlist, for the most part you get what you are waiting for. Sometimes you are notified if it will be longer but for the most part it is very reasonable.

Super Contributor

Thanks everybody! I don't mind the wait if it's 45 days or less. Sounds like most of the time, they fill the orders in that time period which is what I was wondering. I've purchased so many fall items recently, the old credit card could use a wait list :-)