Occasional Contributor

What ever happened to Precious Fibers?

This was great quality cashmere at a reasonable price. I think the Q should bring it back.

Honored Contributor

Re: What ever happened to Precious Fibers?

I do too. It seems this is one of a very long and increasing list of brands the Q saw fit to 'replace' with incessant presentations of house brands. Really a shame.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I loved that brand myself.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I loved that brand too. I still have some beautiful sweaters
Esteemed Contributor

I suspect the price became prohibitive.

I have picked up some of IML cashmere at LTS prices. Excellent quality!

Valued Contributor

I have many Precious Fibers sweaters. They are such high quality classic cashmere sweaters. I also loved the colors offered. Red is the richest red and I also liked the lengths offered. The tall ladies had the opportunity to buy sweaters that really hit at a nice length. I'm average height at 5'6" but I loved some of the longer lengths offered. I keep my fingers crossed the evil moths won't find them. I wonder why QVC discontinued? Cashmere is everywhere at every price point. It's not like it is so scarce QVC couldn't offer at a reasonable price point and keep the same quality. When you sell 50,000 sweaters, at a minimum, in a season; I would think you have great purchasing power. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

I wish they would bring them back too. Great tunic lengths would be awesome.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, bring back Precious Fibers! And you darn moths stay away from the items I still have. IMO, the only decent IML cashmere items are the $200-$300 ones.
Honored Contributor

My first PF purchase was a classic twin sweater set in a beautiful red. It is still in excellent condition. It is my tradition to pair it with a black velvet skirt with tiny red embroidered bows for our family holiday party. It must be from the early 1990's.

Over the years I purchased numerous other pieces but I did notice a change in quality.

Honored Contributor

I remember my first purchase being a twin set too. Possibly a TS?

But like lulu2, as the years went on, quality greatly declined. The last thing I bought from them was unwearable, it was so scratchy.