Super Contributor

If anyone is interested in how HSN is improving their image they are now crediting your return shipping fees to their spendable kash onto your account. Therefore when you make your next purchase you will have the $6.95 towards payment when you use your HSN card

so if your a VIP card holder this is a great new program any thoughts? they just sent me the letter{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

These retailers must make a lot of money off of those credit cards. I get all kinds of offers. None of it is enough to make me sign up.

Valued Contributor

I had a return and elected to go to spendable Kash rather than a refund. I made another purchase, returned the item, and it went back to spendable kash. I called to ask if I could get a refund on my credit card and couldn't after the second purchase.

Respected Contributor
Yes! I just got the letter, pretty cool deal!
Esteemed Contributor

LOVE HSN!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

The HSN card is really the only retailer card that is worth having IMHO.

I got my notification on the new VIP return policy as well and think it's great. I don't return much really, but even for just a few items it's still money saved.

I never carry a balance, so the interest rate is meaningless to me. Getting extra flex pay, special no-interest 12 month financing on big ticket items and now this....love my HSN card.

Honored Contributor

It's great for HSN. Thousands of shoppers knowing they have $6.95 burning a hole in their wallet! They know way too many people will want to spend that money ASAP and will need to spend more to use those dollars. Yes, it's dollars in the buyer's pocket, but I bet it makes big, big money for them in the long run.

That's the reason even big department stores give out gift cards with purchases periodically - they know shoppers with money in their pockets spend more than their rewards a big percentage of the time. Saks does this, Nordies does this, so HSN is in good company.

I'd hate it. I want credit to my card or cash back. I don't want to spend more to get more.

Respected Contributor
On 9/26/2014 millieshops said:

It's great for HSN. Thousands of shoppers knowing they have $6.95 burning a hole in their wallet! They know way too many people will want to spend that money ASAP and will need to spend more to use those dollars. Yes, it's dollars in the buyer's pocket, but I bet it makes big, big money for them in the long run.

That's the reason even big department stores give out gift cards with purchases periodically - they know shoppers with money in their pockets spend more than their rewards a big percentage of the time. Saks does this, Nordies does this, so HSN is in good company.

I'd hate it. I want credit to my card or cash back. I don't want to spend more to get more.

Since normally you are simply out the return shipping, I think it's great as it's something you would normally not see. I have items that I buy fairly regularly from HSN so this wouldn't entice me to buy more just to spend that money. I imagine they will pick up a few folks with that mindset, but even at that, it amounts to a cash discount upon purchase.

Honored Contributor

JUST got my letter today.....what a GREAT new perk for having the HSN charge card......no fees to receive and item and no fees to ship it back if it doesnt work out! i think it is an excellent idea. i already do more shopping at hsn and now that will give me even more incentive.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The spendable cash no doubt has to be used in a certain amount of time, I had 10 dollars in spendable cash from HSN and lost it because I didn't use it in time. I don't care for most products from HSN, just Andrew Lessman's vitamins.