Super Contributor

QVC fashion is missing in the lineup lately ... why oh why

poo pouri, plastic sheep oriental rugs garden tools that snap and rust all day long qvc get real fall fashion days have been huge lately why the dip in programming isn't the sunday lineup punishment enough for us all rethink the programming

ladies HSN has a couple of great fashion days on the menu through wednesday so tune in if your jonesing

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC fashion is missing in the lineup lately ... why oh why

Because even when QVC does have a Fashion Day, it is an endless parade of liquid knit, elastic waist pants, Clarks shoes, LOGO items, and other assorted cotton/spandex items. QVC has obviously trained its radar on a different segment of the fashion market.

Today, HSN's programming has been somewhat repetitive (just like QVC's on a particular themed day), but they are showing more tailored skirts, jackets, trousers, and dresses. I did not tune in at all yesterday, but it must have been a day of knits designed to camouflage, since it was once of those Liz Lange signature dresses with the giant front buckle.

HSN just has a different focus with its fashion items.

Super Contributor

Neither QVC nor HSN have good quality, modern and original designs any more.........those days seem to be gone and its too bad !!!! Can't anyone at QVC simply to go to (for example) "RevolveClothing.com" and do a search for "tops" and "sweaters" and copy all their original (and pricey) designs for the Q ??? I would buy everything......ladies take a look at those items.....see what you think......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 Sue in Houston said:

Neither QVC nor HSN have good quality, modern and original designs any more.........those days seem to be gone and its too bad !!!! Can't anyone at QVC simply to go to (for example) "RevolveClothing.com" and do a search for "tops" and "sweaters" and copy all their original (and pricey) designs for the Q ??? I would buy everything......ladies take a look at those items.....see what you think......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Isn't that what was going on yesterday? Wasn't that a copy of this?

Image 1 of bless'ed are the meek Cross Hatch Cardigan in Grey Marble

Respected Contributor

Gee, could it be because they have lots of customers who aren't interested in their fashions, but are interested in home decor, cooking and other non fashion products?

Why can't you be happy watching HSN, or are you such a shopaholic that you would have two tvs going so you could shop and buy from 2 channels all day long?

Trusted Contributor

On 9/23/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

Gee, could it be because they have lots of customers who aren't interested in their fashions, but are interested in home decor, cooking and other non fashion products?

Why can't you be happy watching HSN, or are you such a shopaholic that you would have two tvs going so you could shop and buy from 2 channels all day long?

Rude!!

Trusted Contributor

-

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 seaside shopper said:
On 9/23/2014 seaside shopper said:

Rude!!

No ruder than the endless posts trashing the programming that others obviously enjoy. Guess what? It's NOT all about you!

What is your problem?

I have no problem, but I'm wondering about you? You've been all over here scolding people today.

Trusted Contributor

Who are you addressing? Certainly not me!

Trusted Contributor

Not sure when others are tuning in but when I have done quick TV remote checks recently, fashion has been airing at least 50% or more of the time. Wasn't yesterday pretty fashion loaded? They also have some all day Fashion Events coming up - I saw it in my Insider but their Program Guide will also reflect it.

I totally disagree about HSN as I find so many of their fashion items to be comparable to what is being sold in better department stores. Hal Rubenstein (Creative Director of Instyle Magazine) had a really gorgeous leather jacket as the TSV on HSN yesterday. He brings some lovely fashions, as do many of their other designers. HSN actually allows these designers to create their own designs and not be forced tostay within "limited" parameters.

QVC does market to a distinctive demographic with their QVC labels but at least they have Lori G on regularly now and a few others.