Esteemed Contributor

So, right now in the ladies room trying on my new WK dress. I ordered a size small, up from my usual QVC XS because I wanted this to flow not cling, and it is a perfect fit. That said I am wearing Spanx. It's thick enough to hang well, but not thick enough, in my opinion, to wear without a smoother. As always I would love a deeper v-neck but that's just personal preference. I'm 5'7"+ and wearing high heels; this hits me just at the knee. Questions?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

Re: Review: Whisper Knit Dress

Gardensia, you are an inspiration {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Thanks for trying this on in the rest room at work!!

The fact that it is "not thick enough...to wear without a smoother." helps make my decision for me.

Thanks for the very prompt and helpful review!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/23/2014 TheOwl said:

Gardensia, you are an inspiration {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Thanks for trying this on in the rest room at work!!

The fact that it is "not thick enough...to wear without a smoother." helps make my decision for me.

Thanks for the very prompt and helpful review!

As LDO said, this is not a dress for everyone. I will wear it on my "skinny" days!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Thanks, gardensla, for the review -- very helpful, and very thoughtful of you to do it so quickly!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your review. When looking at the click here measurements, it seemed that the small ran small. Knowing that you sized up confirms my suspicions. If I purchased this dress, I would size up to the medium and wear shape wear. Thanks again, I've been waiting for a review. What color did you get?
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/23/2014 1jac said: Thank you for your review. When looking at the click here measurements, it seemed that the small ran small. Knowing that you sized up confirms my suspicions. If I purchased this dress, I would size up to the medium and wear shape wear. Thanks again, I've been waiting for a review. What color did you get?

Fit is so subjective because our bodies are all different as is our tolerance for how we want our clothing to look; I like form fitting and not tight but other like things looser. Always a risk to post sizing but I want people to get a dress they love!

Black and olive. Love them both; the olive is gorgeous and will be fantastic with brown suede boots.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your review. When looking at the click here measurements, it seemed that the small ran small. Knowing that you sized up confirms my suspicions. If I purchased this dress, I would size up to the medium and wear shape wear. Thanks again, I've been waiting for a review. What color did you get?
Respected Contributor

"Questions?" you asked. Yeah, can I borrow 3 inches!!! Sadly, I don't think this dress is going to be for me.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

Hi Gardens...I think I made a mistake and ordered too small. I like my clothes fitted but not tight and changed my mediums to smalls. I have broad shoulders like Chantal. I also wish Louis would open up and deepen his V necks a little more. With my broad shoulders some tops pull across that area. I seldom buy dresses for that reason; separates work better for me. Larger tops and smaller bottoms. I also ordered black and olive, and the olive and black shawls. How happy I will be if they fit!

I am so happy to report my dresses arrived this evening and they are fabulous!! Hit me right at the bottom of my knee and feel so wonderful! I bought the shawls and the olive shawl and olive dress together are just the best! Sleeves nice and long. Hope these dresses sell well and other colors are ordered. Would love this in Navy and Brick Red. A red WK dress. Oh, yes.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the review. Due to some medical issues I can't wear Spanx now. Dresses are my favorite article of clothing but I'll get my ""columns of color"" with my matching WK skirts and sweaters. Also I have a LBD in a light pont from Bradley Bayou that I haven't worn yet.