Trusted Contributor

I wish QVC had an "outfit builder" function so you can mix/match items and see ...

.... While you are making selections! Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed and it would be nice to have a sort of "paper doll" for lack of a better phrase, that you could click and add a skirt, sweater, boots, and change between the colors available to see which really click with you.

Wouldn't that be fun?

Super Contributor

Re: I wish QVC had an ""outfit builder"" function so you can mix/match items and see ...

I can't recall where it was online ... but several years ago there was a website that let you do that.

You selected your mannequin based on body shape, hair color, etc., and then you could "try on" clothes that they sold.

I only wear things within a particular color palette ... so no matter what I buy it always goes with other stuff in my closet. And, at this stage in my life, I know what styles I can and cannot wear.

Super Contributor

Re: I wish QVC had an ""outfit builder"" function so you can mix/match items and see ...

Lands End used to do that! Not anymore though. Not sure why. You used to be able to change it to match your body type too!

Honored Contributor

I agree that would be fun.

Honored Contributor

What a great idea!

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Yes!! That would be so cool. And helpful. I was watching Lori's Logo show, Jill was hosting. I don't layer up the way Lori does, I have several Logo Layer pieces and I wanted to add to my collection but I just could visualize how items would look together. So, I didn't buy anything. An "outfit builder" was just what I needed!

Super Contributor

Fabulous idea! Sounds like lots of fun too. Although, I can just imagine the pull on their website as far as bandwidth. LOL All these women creating outfits, I envision the movie Christmas Vacation and the power meter spinning.

Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 PilatesLover said:

.... While you are making selections! Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed and it would be nice to have a sort of "paper doll" for lack of a better phrase, that you could click and add a skirt, sweater, boots, and change between the colors available to see which really click with you.

Wouldn't that be fun?

I love that idea!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I made an online suggestion to Talbots several years ago regarding something similar. For instance, if you click on a skirt, there would be options to the right to coordinate with the skirt. They could offer a matching jacket or a jacket in a complementary fabric. From there, they could offer a blouse or sweater, then accessories and shoes.

I also like the option of building a wardrobe in X number of pieces. Banana Republic did this a couple of years ago and it was interesting to see the outfits put together. It gave me some ideas.

I don't think the Talbots website will ever get that sophisticated, especially when I've been complaining for years that we need to see back views of the merchandise. Still no photos...

Trusted Contributor

A couple of stores tried that a few years ago. I found the app difficult to use..........and when I got the virtual mannequin configured according too my measurements in all her round and substantial glory........I decided I was a lot happier just imagining how clothes would look on my body! Sometimes deluding oneself is merciful.