Respected Contributor

How does one attach bee pin to purse?

I noticed when I went to order a bee pin that some said they attached them to their purse; one person did say her purse was leather.

I'd love to do this but I can't figure out how. I collected Joan's enamel line bracelets but just ordered a bee.

Honored Contributor

Re: How does one attach bee pin to purse?

I don't know how heavy it is, but QVC used to sell this product (you might need more than one if there is enough room on the pin).

http://magnapin.com/home.html

Valued Contributor

Yes, this would be the one - I bought mine from QVC around 12 years ago. Such a change they're not offering it anymore. Some vendors have such heavy pins; you wouldn't want to put them through fabric for fear of leaving huge holes. And of course, you'd never put a pin through leather.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

Please don't stick a pin through your leather bag, even if it's a JR pin.

Respected Contributor

I had the Magna pin. I nearly lost a gorgeous pin a special aunt left me. Wouldn't trust it anyway; I bang my purses up too much.

I'd never attempt putting it through leather. I have a black tote with microfiber material similar to Longchamps? (memory failing me.) I doubt it would be able to pierce it.

I was trying to figure out a way to attach it to a very good keychain. I love purse charms; my last one hit the dust after many years.

Honored Contributor

you can attach them if some of the hardware is thin enough, either on the shorter handles or on the longer straps.....and i have attached pins to my zipper pulls before also. they dont have to go through leather at all. it wont work for all handbags, but it will work for some. i have also attached them to simple inexpensive clutches (done in velvet or cloth).....then they become more unique. the bigger pins in particular really work well.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't see how attaching a pin to a leather bag would hurt it. I punch holes in mine all the time to adjust the straps and it's a much bigger hole. A tiny pin won't hurt it.

Respected Contributor

I think it would hurt the pin; my leather bags are not that thin.

Valued Contributor

Could you attach it to a key ring or fob or something that goes around the strap, that kind of thing so you don't pin it into leather?

Valued Contributor

How to attach a brooch to a leather bag - PurseForum

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/how-to-attach-a-brooch-to-leather-bag-577901.html