Trusted Contributor

New CNN Report Today 9/16 On Joan's Death: Link to CNN Attached for Authentication

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/showbiz/joan-rivers-clinic/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Anderson Cooper had a whole segment on this story. Jeffrey Toobin, CNN's legal analyst, thinks the Rivers' family "should seek legal advice for malpractice."

Trusted Contributor

Re: New CNN Report Today 9/16 On Joan's Death: Link to CNN Attached for Authentication

I think AC 360 airs again tonight. I suggest if anyone is interested, you might want to tune in to CNN. This story startled me and I'm glad that information on the investigation is coming forward. There are definitely physician procedural and competency issues in this case.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New CNN Report Today 9/16 On Joan's Death: Link to CNN Attached for Authentication

A CNN link doesn't authenticate anything and I don't think Joan's family needs legal advice from a TV analyst. Flying rumors don't help anyone. We need to wait for an official report which will take time.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

I was trying to pass along information from a reliable news network. It's "authenticated" in that I had a link that detailed the story so people here wouldn't think I was making it up. Who knows the facts, I'm just glad a news station is keeping this story alive.

My parents died at the hands of incompetent doctors. I appreciate the investigation!!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 DARING GREATLY said:

I was trying to pass along information from a reliable news network. It's "authenticated" in that I had a link that detailed the story so people here wouldn't think I was making it up. Who knows the facts, I'm just glad a news station is keeping this story alive.

My parents died at the hands of incompetent doctors. I appreciate the investigation!!!!

CNN has made major mistakes in reporting before. The state health officials will release the facts when their investigation is complete. Spreading rumors doesn't help. We don't need to keep a story alive. We need the truth.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Valued Contributor

Very interesting. It seems that the more information that comes out, the worse this story gets.
Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 adelle38 said:

CNN has made major mistakes in reporting before. The state health officials will release the facts when their investigation is complete. Spreading rumors doesn't help. We don't need to keep a story alive. We need the truth.

Yes. CNN has made many mistakes. When you hear it has been reported then you need to ask yourself if it is a true story. Remember the Malaysian Airlines crash? They came up with so many theories that never panned out. You have to make up things to stay on the air all day,
Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 adelle38 said:

If you feel that way, why do you keep reading this thread?

And if you completely trust the state health officials, you may be disappointed. It was CNN who broke the Veterans Admin. issue wide open.

Super Contributor

DG, I'm sure this is an issue near and dear to your heart and I am very sorry for your loss. I'm clear your intention is good in trying to share some relevant information in the investigation of Joan's death.
Valued Contributor

Other news outlets are reporting that the doctor took a selfie before he began the unauthorized procedure. This information is part of the investigative report being prepared by the state.