Super Contributor

What clothing items have you donated/tossed recently?

I started a small pile of clothes for donation last night. Included in the pile is:

An old pair of white capri jeans from Ann Taylor -- wore them a lot years ago, but they no longer fit well and have a couple of discolored spots

A lavender & white striped shirt from Banana Republic -- bought at a deep discount, but never enjoyed wearing this

An ivory short-sleeve crepe top from Banana Republic -- another "bargain" that I was never comfortable in

A couple of old Favorite T-shirts from J. Crew -- wore these a lot a few years ago, but shrank over time

What I tossed was:

White cotton gauze tunic blouse from Anthropologie -- one of my favorite all-time pieces. I'm so sad to see this one go, but it is very worn from years of summer wear.

An old pair of Victoria's Secret pajama pants that was literally unravelling in several spots!

A couple of old white Gap cotton tanks

More to go!

How about you?

Valued Contributor

Re: What clothing items have you donated/tossed recently?

I am so into skinny and straight jeans now that I pulled 20 pairs of bootcut jeans out of my closet to donate. I only kept two pair of Silver Suki Bootcuts.

Honored Contributor

I have a large pile of fall clothes & shoes waiting to go to consignment and a smaller one for donation as soon as they start accepting fall clothes. It is still hot here so it will be a while.

I can't recall them all off the top of my head but there are Slinky solid color tops & cardigans, & tanks, an Antthony cropped jacket, a beautiful G by Guiliana jacket, and more... It breaks my heart to get rid of these things as they are all like new but they are too big now.

Honored Contributor

Dup...
Honored Contributor

I donated several pairs of dress pants and skirts that no longer fit due to weight gain from menopause. Gotta love getting older.
Valued Contributor

My clothes seem to last forever so I went thru closet on the last rainy day and filled four big plastic garbage bags with clothes - my rule was if I hadn't worn it in two years out it goes. I also filled a big plastic garbage bag with purses. All are being donated to Goodwill. Next I am going to tackle the shoe closet.

Now that I've retired my lifestyle has gotten a lot more casual - out with the suits and dresses and in with the jeans & leggings.

Super Contributor

A really nice Evan Picone black dress. Wore it once to my husband's memorial service. Hard to look at it. Perhaps someone else will wear it to some really elegant event. It's also very tiny & I'm almost back to healthy weight.

A white LE full length down coat. Makes me look like an igloo with legs.

My kids seem to find amusement in my Nanny cape and kind of BoHo tunics. A hippy Mary Poppins? Gone.

Piles of other "stuff". The closet is now a sea of denim and khaki. I'm a jacket, sweater and rainwear freak. They stay!

Purging feels good. Now, the rest of the house..........

Honored Contributor

Sad to see my 8's and 10's go but I know that I will never be able to fit in them.

Respected Contributor

NONE AND I NEED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

A shopping bag full of summer tops and a couple of pairs of summer shoes.