Contributor

Who from QVC went to Joan's funeral?

I miss you Joan! I was wondering if Lisa, Kathy Levine, or anyone else from QVC was present there today! Rest in peace, lovely lady!
Super Contributor

Re: Who from QVC went to Joan's funeral?

I wondered that as well. I would think Lisa and Jane would be there but nobody has said anything.
Super Contributor

Dennis Basso was there.

Honored Contributor

As I said on a similar post, I believe the funeral service was by invitation. Not sure if there's a published guest list.

Super Contributor

Too much sadness, and crying on these QVC posts. Joan would not want this. Its time to move on, IMHO.
Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 Krimpette said:

As I said on a similar post, I believe the funeral service was by invitation. Not sure if there's a published guest list.

I read it sort of worked in reverse, in a way. Joan gave Melissa a list of those who are banned from attending, a secret list. Search it, this is a public fact that she had a secret list of those, not allowed to go to her funeral or services, given in private to Melissa.

So maybe they had to check arrivals based on who cannot go? Wonder how they did this, considering it would seem very odd to "invite" someone to a funeral as you suggest.

Super Contributor

On 9/7/2014 champagnepoodle said:
Too much sadness, and crying on these QVC posts. Joan would not want this. Its time to move on, IMHO.

Perhaps many (some, at least) don't see it the way you describe.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's necessarily a refusal to move on with life to wonder who might have attended from QVC... but let's face it, none of us has any idea whatsoever how the guest list was determined and short of what appears in the media, who was on it. I did read where any number of luminaries were calling to request the opportunity to attend... Who they were calling is unclear. I suspect that in the coming weeks, we'll be hearing more about Joan, her life, her funeral and hopefully what ultimately caused her to be taken too soon.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Kathy Levine, Jill, Jane, Mary Beth, Lisa and Rick posted on face book that they were there today.

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth Roe posted a picture on her facebook page.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise