Honored Contributor

Recent TSV...will it shrink?

I am really torn between 2 sizes on the hoodie TSV that just came.

Will Poly/rayon blend shrink? Has anyone washed this yet? I ordered the black which means it will get washed a lot due to dog hair! I prefer the smaller size since I like it more fitted and with less material around the bottom. But if it shrinks, I could be in trouble.

I hate to wash one of them just to return it and was wondering what everyone thought.

This is my first Logo top/jacket.

TIA!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Recent TSV...will it shrink?

I purchased the jacket in medium black and just received it yesterday. The size seems ok but I find that the sleeves are tight. I don't have heavy arms but a large would be too big. Hope that it does not shrink and the color fades... Will wash in cold water and air dry.. Let me know how you feel about this hoodie also.

Honored Contributor

I actually like it a lot. The black is slimming and elongates my shorter torso.

I will wear it more as a cardigan jacket with only ONE layer underneath! LOL I don't really care for all the 'multiple' layers shown on air.

I have been looking for a hoodie that wasn't too heavy weight and didn't look too athletic as that is not my style. I think the design of this really elevates the 'sweatshirt' look!

I'm glad it didn't come with too many wrinkles. I plan to throw this into my tote etc. since I am always cold. I usually find if it arrives HORRIBLY wrinkled...that is the way it will usually look!

I tried to google if that blend of materials would shrink but every single answer was different! LOL I guess I will have to wash it first to see what happens.

Super Contributor

I do not have this particular jacket but I have jackets and tops in this same material and no, it will not shrink.

I wash mine and then hang to dry or dry on cool air for a few minutes and then hang them up.

I have no idea what would happen if you dried it in the dryer on high heat --- in that case it may ruin it and shrink but poly and poly blends usually don't shrink.

Super Contributor

Respect,

There are no natural fibers in this jacket, so it will not shrink. Plus, the spandex will ensure a good fit. About the dog issue, you should just use a lint brush .... overwashing this garment might create "pilling."

Honored Contributor

Thank you both so much! Truly appreciate your time to answer.

I never dry on high. I will use my 'very low' setting for a short period of time...then finish by hanging to dry.

I had a pair of SG pants made of similar material that shrunk at least 4 inches in length. And I swear that was right out of the washing machine! I pulled them out of the washer and was shocked! They were some sort of terry also...so I was worried about keeping the smaller size in this jacket which I would prefer.

Thanks again! I should be okay w/ the smaller size.

Regular Contributor

Please post after you have worn a few times and washed. It is not my usual style but really caught my eye. I did not order when it was a TSV, and am still on the fence. I would like some feedback to see if you like it after wearing and washing.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

ANYTHING WITH RAYON WILL SHRINK TO SOME EXTENT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU PUT IT IN THE DRYER. HER CLOTHES ARE VERY THIN....KIND OF LIKE THE THINGS YOU FIND AT OLD NAVY OR TARGET.

Valued Contributor

Honestly, I don't know why I was so hesitant to order LOGO. I guess I listened to all the negative threads. I learned my lesson because I received the TSV today, and the quality is great! Why do people on these boards put her line down? The style was so nice, the fabric was really substantial, and I think the price was good for a quality item.

If you have been on the fence like I was about LOGO, you should try it. I am really glad I did! I will definitely buy more from the LOGO line.

OP, I'll let you know if my TSV's shrink, but I bought twoLOGO items last week, and I washed and hung them to dry, and they are fine.

Super Contributor

I got a notice that my TSV in Spruce had shipped today, looked out on the porch and there it was! - lol. It's my first LOGO Lounge, but won't be my last. It's very well made, a soft, substantial fabric and exactly what Lori called it - "micro terry" - can barely feel the loops. I'm not a big fan of most French terry, but this fabric is great. Definitely not bulky so can layer easily.

mtnbikegirl, I'm glad you tried LOGO and are pleased with your purchase. It's really a nice, quality line of clothing. I've been pleased with everything I've purchased.