Honored Contributor

Linea Zig Zag Patterned Skirt Brick Red Multi (A257288) A 'Flame' Piece, Redux

This is honestly the order in which everything unfolded:

1. Bought hunter green zig zag pieces (top and skirt).

2. Returned the two pieces because too sparkly for general wear, and top's V-neck not deep enough (for my taste) for dressier occasions. That's just me; some loved the depth of the neckline.

3. Had a hunch that brick red skirt would work; read online that it looks a bit "muter" than the hunter green. Thought of my many burgundy/wine tops that would go with it (there's a deep wine color in the pattern). Knew I would wear it with different tops (other than "V") and make it mine for evenings out.

4. Skirt arrived. Put on my new funnel neck sweater in burgundy (or whatever shade they call it). Yes, I don't like long, but all of this worked. Perhaps the length of the skirt. Was my tummy flatter? All I know is that I let out a resounding "yes!" I have several other shorter sweaters in wine shades, too, that will work with this skirt.

5. Picked up my new Vogue (the hefty fall issue; it arrived today along with my skirt) and, I swear, randomly opened it up to an ad among the many appearing after page 110 --AND WHAT DO I SEE? I see a Chanel long coat made of a material similar to that of the flame pieces. The fabric is not the flame (zig zag), but horizontal, having similar colors PLUS THE LUREX THREAD.

What can I say?

Linea by Louis DellOlio Zig Zag Patterned Skirt

Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea Zig Zag Patterned Skirt Brick Red Multi (A257288) A 'Flame' Piece, Redux

That you are undoubtedly a woman with style and taste- as most Linea ladies are! I have the skirt and top in the brick also and cannot wait for cooler weather to wear it. Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Linea Zig Zag Patterned Skirt Brick Red Multi (A257288) A 'Flame' Piece, Redux

I bought the top on the off chance the burgundy color would be right with the deep burgundy Isaac pants. All my burgundy's are to pink and YEA it works beautifully! Sonnie

Frequent Contributor

Hi Goldie

Was the brick more subdued? I also love the texture and idea of this skirt- but was wondering about the fabric. Glad you love it- great color

Honored Contributor

MK in PA, all in all, the brick version is quieter because its colors are deeper. There is still the gold (to my eye) lurex running through it, but after seeing the Chanel ad, I am more at peace with that thought. And let's face it, youth, beauty or attitude can carry off almost anything in fashion. (I'm the "attitude" person at this point in my life. Not that this set needs attitude.)

I am not a slave to fashion because I will wear only what "helps me out," in the end. What seeing the ad did for me was simply to validate my attraction to the brick skirt. I mean, there were pieces of clothing pictured throughout this latest issue of Vogue that I'd never dream of adding to my wardrobe because there would be a lot of snickers behind my back if I were to wear them.

I really like the fabric; remember, it is backed with a smooth lining. Interesting texture to the fabric and lovely design. When all other "flame, zig zag" tops and skirts look dated in the future, these won't. Why? Because they are made of deep and subtle colors and with a rich-looking design.

I think all of us who bought this set will enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

On 8/26/2014 Goldie76 said:

2. Returned the two pieces because too sparkly for general wear, and top's V-neck not deep enough (for my taste) for dressier occasions. That's just me; some loved the depth of the neckline.

3. Had a hunch that brick red skirt would work; read online that it looks a bit "muter" than the hunter green. Thought of my many burgundy/wine tops that would go with it (there's a deep wine color in the pattern). Knew I would wear it with different tops (other than "V") and make it mine for evenings out.

4. Skirt arrived. Put on my new funnel neck sweater in burgundy (or whatever shade they call it). Yes, I don't like long, but all of this worked. Perhaps the length of the skirt. Was my tummy flatter? All I know is that I let out a resounding "yes!" I have several other shorter sweaters in wine shades, too, that will work with this skirt.

5. Picked up my new Vogue (the hefty fall issue; it arrived today along with my skirt) and, I swear, randomly opened it up to an ad among the many appearing after page 110 --AND WHAT DO I SEE? I see a Chanel long coat made of a material similar to that of the flame pieces. The fabric is not the flame (zig zag), but horizontal, having similar colors PLUS THE LUREX THREAD.

What can I say?

Goldie, you made me curious! I looked at the Chanel outfit, and honestly I like the Linea better. The Linea top and skirt could easily be worn under the Chanel coat. I tried on my hunter green top and skirt with my new walnut tights and shoe boots and I loved the way it looked, so did my BH. I really don't find it too glittery, because it doesn't look tacky or cheap. I'm happy with mine and can't wait for the weather to cool down.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 MarilynM said:
On 8/26/2014 Goldie76 said:

5. Picked up my new <em>Vogue</em> (the hefty fall issue; it arrived today along with my skirt) and, I swear, randomly opened it up to an ad among the many appearing after page 110 --AND WHAT DO I SEE? I see a Chanel long coat made of a material similar to that of the flame pieces. The fabric is not the flame (zig zag), but horizontal, having similar colors PLUS THE LUREX THREAD.

What can I say?

Goldie, you made me curious! I looked at the Chanel outfit, and honestly I like the Linea better. The Linea top and skirt could easily be worn under the Chanel coat. I tried on my hunter green top and skirt with my new walnut tights and shoe boots and I loved the way it looked, so did my BH. I really don't find it too glittery, because it doesn't look tacky or cheap. I'm happy with mine and can't wait for the weather to cool down.

Marilyn, the set in both colors is not tacky in the least. I can understand why Louis, as he said on air, was attracted to this fabric. He is so clever when it comes to fabrics, designs and cuts. My pass on the green was that in that shade, I wanted it solely for day wear and was personally not comfortable with the lurex for the office. (Church, oddly enough, yes.) Remember, I work in the metro D.C. area where our clothing was aptly described as "being ready to testify."

I hope many give the set a try and wear the outfit in good health!

p.s. I agree with you about that coat. As I recall from these posts, you are tall. Wow, you could pull off that look in a heartbeat.

Valued Contributor

Goldie, your experience explains to me the different reactions to the flame pieces. I received the brick red and while it looks sparkly when you look at it, on the body it looks much more subdued. I was surprised at how some felt the top was way too sparkly. When I put it on, I thought WOW! Thanks for clearing up the difference in subtly between the two different color ways.

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Goldie76 said:

Marilyn, the set in both colors is not tacky in the least. I can understand why Louis, as he said on air, was attracted to this fabric. He is so clever when it comes to fabrics, designs and cuts. My pass on the green was that in that shade, I wanted it solely for day wear and was personally not comfortable with the lurex for the office. (Church, oddly enough, yes.) Remember, I work in the metro D.C. area where our clothing was aptly described as "being ready to testify."

I hope many give the set a try and wear the outfit in good health!

p.s. I agree with you about that coat. As I recall from these posts, you are tall. Wow, you could pull off that look in a heartbeat.

Ever since I was an expert witness for a boundary dispute, one of my fellow manager's favorite morning greets is "You look ready to tesify" ! His way of saying that he thinks I look nice that day - LoL! Travel & Leisure dubbed Anchorage No. 1 worst dressed in America last year, but only topped by Our unique Individualism! That's why Alaska is such a good fit for somebody like me. . .

Love my Hunter Green skirt & top - plan to wear together with a gold metallic belt or the skirt with a favorite Donegal Tweed Jacket for some added texture. Did purchase the WK pants in the Hunter for another outfit. Always been a Missoni fan - Happy Camper found here. . .

Thanks Goldie76 for your spin on the zig-zag.

Super Contributor

I am waiting on my wine LDO ponte maxi..I'll see how the brick looks with this. Also ordered the forest green maxi.

If I can't get over the ""sparkle factor"" sadly I will have to return at least one top.