Frequent Contributor
I have noticed floral cardigans being shown for fall. Is this a trend? I wouldn't wear daisies or tulips, of course, but what about LDO floral cardi in smoke and the smoke hydrangea top? Here in the south I would probably wear them until mid October unless it is weird.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes it is a trend and yes I would wear those smoke florals for fall.

Super Contributor

I'm not a floral fan, but I do have one sweater in neutrals. The flowers are beige/black/gray with a bit of muted green here and there - on a creamy background.

I'd probably wear it in the Fall.

Honored Contributor

I just got the Talbots catalogue and they had some gorgeous fall florals.

Esteemed Contributor

Florals are absolutely beautiful anytime of year. For fall sticking with autumn tones and neutral toned prints is the way to make it work best.

Trusted Contributor

I had never considered ruling out florals during any part of the year, assuming the fabric and weight are appropriate for the season. I can see that "springy" flowers like tulips might fit in most naturally in spring.........but if you have a wool or other warm sweater with a floral pattern you love, I'd say you're free to enjoy it in fall and right on through the dead of winter!

Respected Contributor

Florals say spring & summer to me, just like white linens after Labor Day. To everything there is a season...

Super Contributor

I grow orchids that bloom various times of the year. Come X-mas, I force Amaryllis & Paper Whites - it's a family tradition. Come Valentine's, I force Muscari, crocus & freesia to help me thru a few more months of Winter.

I wear florals whenever the mood strikes - I dress for me.

Florals Come Fall ? - You betcha!

Valued Contributor

There's a stunning IM cardigan on 3 ez pays today during the One Day Sweater Deal that is a damask print which, after all, is floral in design w/o being literally floral. Cotton/nylon for the purists, & some really beautiful colors & mostly excellent reviews.

Super Contributor

I think it depends on the florals! I think some florals are overly "springy" or "summery", those I would not wear in fall. However if it's a fall-looking flower theme then yes I think it would be fine.

However.....It's all about what you like! If it makes you happy to wear florals all year round then do that. I think floral prints just make some ladies happy. There is something to be said about wearing clothing that makes you feel great and makes you smile!