Honored Contributor

It happened to me - i got something used.

I ordered a George Simonton skirt and when it came today it is wrinkled in the butt - as if it had been sat in - and reeks of cigarette smoke. The packing was messy too - just thrown into a plastic bag and taped - not like usual GS which are nicely wrapped in tissue usually. I am undecided if I will return it and ask for one that is actually new or just keep it and wash it. There is nothing wrong with it that can't be fixed with a trip thru the washer, however, it galls me to pay full price for an obviously used item.

Honored Contributor

Re: It happened to me - i got something used.

The thing that would bother me is paying full price for a used item. Next would be the cigarette smoke because I'd probably still smell it even after it was laundered, I have such a sense of smell. Sorry that happened to you.

Honored Contributor

Huh? You paid for a brand new skirt, why in the world would you keep a used one? A smelly one at that...? The ick factor alone would make me return it and demand a refund.

Respected Contributor

If there are NONE IN STOCK in your size upon returning, then another return is what you will receive (or Q will credit your acct). This happened to me, I returned the item with a note about the condition of the garment (should have been priced and sold as "As Is").

You will not have to pay for the return postage.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I would return it.

When I shop at a regular store, items may have been returned and I wouldn't know it. I still wouldn't want something that smelled of cigarette smoke though.

Respected Contributor

Wash it and see how it turns out. If it's OK then keep it. If not, request a new one.

Honored Contributor

Why would you even think about keeping it? Call CS, return it, get your $$$ back. It's just a skirt.

Sorry you received returned merchandise.

Honored Contributor

I would call CS, tell them I wanted to return it and ask that they pay return s/h. I wouldn't keep an item that I paid full price for that was obviously worn.

I'm sure a lot of items are sent out again if they are in perfect condition. I don't have a problem with that. But items like the one described here should be sold as-is at a reduced price.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind something that was returned - they have every right to resell that -- but I do mind something that was USED then returned. I don't feel they have a right to resell that as new. used is used. It is sold out in the color I got in my size - and the color was why I wanted it - it's a deep plum that I love and rarely see.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't consider keeping it for the cigarette smoke alone.

All garments are used. If you go to a department store, you are deluding yourself thinking you are the only one to put your body in something. Dont' even get me started on kids/babies with icky hands touching everything. LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN