Respected Contributor

Ladies, would we like a GEORGE SIMONTON section here?

I just posted to Feedback asking if we could have it. Didn't there used to be one years ago and removed? Anyone else interested?
Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies, would we like a GEORGE SIMONTON section here?

i think there was one and i am not sure why they got rid of it. i do agree......bring it back!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

yes yes yes

Trusted Contributor

I would love to see a George Simonton here. I but his clothes.

I tried to watch his show in the overnights but could not handle it for the complete show. He was not properly introduced, reminded repeatedly of his age, never allowed to talk about his designs, overwhelmed with numbers (length, amount of sales, etc). I felt so sorry for the poor man, who took it all with his gentlemanly grace. He did state, however, that it sounded like "an auction". I appreciate women hosts who are knowledgable about our clothes, styles, etc. These hosts will point out how his clothes work with each other, pairing them. They also ask Mr Simonton to talk about how he deisgned the item, even the history. I started to shout "shut up" to the host and turned it off in stressful disgust. PLZ, QVC, respect this designer and pair him with a female host who highlights his talents and clothes and understands and appreciates them from a woman's perspective.

Honored Contributor

Great suggestion! Love GS and his designs. Always try to watch/record his shows. Hope I receive the new peplum wrap top they showed today...beautiful olive tone. On waitlist-fingers crossed. I was successful in securing the Liz Taylor Cleopatra inspired top in jewel teal A229337 from the earlier show with Alberti, on clearance-5 easy pays.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I have a couple of his jackets and two tops ... from several years ago.

He hasn't done anything lately that I'm interested in. He and I are going in opposite directions re style, color and prints.

Honored Contributor

Someone had to tarnish this post b/c of her well known bias/dislike for Alberti-boo!!! The show GS did with Alberti was great! GS even stated his delight working with Alberti. In fact, every GS show I have watched seems to have had a different host, and each time, GS connects well with each host. All of his shows have been great!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Yep, I thought George had his own forum and they removed it. I wouldn't mind seeing a George Simonton forum {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

I adore this man but haven't been too interested in his offerings of late. I'm not a fan of Milky Knit. I wish he would bring back his fabulous jackets similar to a few years back.
Respected Contributor

Count me in! GS line is a winner for me.