Regular Contributor

What color tight/shoe with this?

Hi there- question for you- I bought a cute dress that I would like to wear into the colder months. I don't know what color hosiery and shoe would look better. The dress has a white background with navy and green forestry print. It's prettier than what I'm describingSmiley Happy Would you do brown tights/ ankle boots or black? Or an option I'm not thinking of?
Honored Contributor

Re: What color tight/shoe with this?

Forestry print - I'm baffled by this. How much white in is this for autumn/winter wear? Is it m ore a fall print? With the navy & green in it I'd go navy first, I'm thinking. What shade green? If it's darker I'd try to match that too.

Boots - I'd wear navy. You mentioned brown - is there brown in it? I'd do that too. How long is this dress?

Honored Contributor

White, navy and green? Navy, not brown or black.

Respected Contributor

Navy tights/black boots. If it's a dark navy you could also get away with black tights/black boots. You might be able to pull of dark brown tights/boots but we'd need to see the print first.

Honored Contributor

I can't get a picture of this in my head but if you can get a good match on the navy, I would do navy tights. I would never do brown or black tights with that.

If you can't find a good matching navy shoe/bootie, I would do brown. I do brown and navy all the time because navy shoes/boots are hard to find. I don't care for black and navy together.

Regular Contributor

Ok thank you! I'm not home yet to see if there is a brown in the print .if there is I guess I could do brown shoes/ tights? If there is only navy in the dress I can do navy tights but then I would have to do a navy shoe right ? I'm so bad at this and I used to be better at putting outfits together . There is white in the dress but not a ton.
Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Navy tights/black boots. If it's a dark navy you could also get away with black tights/black boots. You might be able to pull of dark brown tights/boots but we'd need to see the print first.

I agree with these suggestions.

Regular Contributor

One more question please! I have another dress that is pink and purple what color tights/ shoes would you do with this combo? It's a long sleeve retro style dress to the knee- from anthro. Thank you all so much!
Honored Contributor

Lyn,

If you want something that you can wear with BOTH dresses, IMO, I would choose gray tights with gray boots. Smile

Regular Contributor

Thanks so much! I'm going to try the grey combo! Thank you all. With the first outfit I also may try navy tights/ boots.