Honored Contributor

Smart and Stylish Shawl (A259111) Graces the Funnel Neck Sweater (A259109)

My raspberry shawl arrived today along with my funnel neck sweater in the same color. My usual Linea size was perfect for the sweater, but the big news is the generously proportioned shawl. Just under 5' 3", I was a bit fretful that the shawl might overwhelm me. Not at all, I'm happy to write. The shawl is so soft, pliable and drapes very fashionably in almost any arrangement I give it. It lends great drama to any outfit.

It is very smart and stylish with the funnel neck sweater of the same shade. Such a combination is special treat, and I would not hesitate to nab a set. I love the sweater. Yes, I would like if it were a wee bit shorter for my particular size, but it is a flattering garment.

No Image Found No Image Found

Respected Contributor

Re: Smart and Stylish Shawl (A259111) Graces the Funnel Neck Sweater (A259109)

Great review! I hesitated on the sweater---then finally caved and got the Black but waited a second too long and am wait-listed for the Raspberry. I did get both Black and Raspberry shawls. I'm also 5/3"".

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Sheesh said:

Great review! I hesitated on the sweater---then finally caved and got the Black but waited a second too long and am wait-listed for the Raspberry. I did get both Black and Raspberry shawls. I'm also 5/3".

I'm interested in going back for at least the black. This sweater is special -- I love its originality while, at the same time, it cuddles me with the familiar WK cozy and soft feel.

Respected Contributor

Your Sweater and Shawl sound marvellous! I also ordered the Sweater in Raspberry - and Black - and the Shawl in all 3 colours. Don't usually order the Raspberry/Aubergine/Wine colours - but the Raspberry just looked beautiful! Had to have the Shawl in Olive - love to wear Olive with Navy - especially Linea Navy! I think I read somewhere that the upcoming Suede Jacket will be available in Olive.

The summer has been so cool up here - will be wearing these items soon!

Thank you for posting your Review.

Valued Contributor

I was disappionted the shawl did not come in other colors. I did get the funnel sweater in Raspberry. So, my question is; would you wear the shawl and the sweater? I was thinking together it would be a bit much.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone have the raspberry woodblock dress and does the raspberry shawl work with it? Is it tonal?

Does anyone have the moss green woodblock dress and does the olive shawl work with it?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 KayKayWA said:

I was disappionted the shawl did not come in other colors. I did get the funnel sweater in Raspberry. So, my question is; would you wear the shawl and the sweater? I was thinking together it would be a bit much.

KayKay, I am not tall and willowy, and I can pull off the shawl with the sweater. The trick is in the fabric; it is soft and lies against the body gently. It isn't thick and stiff and stand off from the body. Really, it is not just a doable thing, it is a desirable thing to do. They are "simply grand" together. Really.

Respected Contributor

Goldie, your review has inspired me! I bought quite a bit already and was going to pass on the sweater and shawl for now, but I'm thinking they are too good to pass up. I think the raspberry sweater/shawl will work with my coloring. Might as well get the black shawl, too.

Regular Contributor

Congrats on your new purchases! I'm pleased with most of my items but alas the funnel neck sweater in Ivory does not look good on me so I will be returning it.

Hopefully the black funnel neck will not look so unfortunate on me

Respected Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Merrylass said:

Congrats on your new purchases! I'm pleased with most of my items but alas the funnel neck sweater in Ivory does not look good on me so I will be returning it.

Hopefully the black funnel neck will not look so unfortunate on me {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Merrylass, what didn't you like about it?