Contributor

Question... Can I order online while I am overseas?

Now you know I'm addicted... I am already fretting because I will be out of the country on vacation during Louis' next visit to QVC (Aug 18). I will be in Europe. Does anyone know if I can place an online order while I am there on vacation?

I was in Asia last year and tried to order from other websites for delivery in the US, of course, and was denied. Thoughts???

Regular Contributor

Re: Question... Can I order online while I am overseas?

I would think you can order from the US site while you're in Europe -- I can't remember for sure but I think I've ordered from Amazon while in EU before... to be sure, give QVC a quick call as there could be some "trick" to it...

Valued Contributor

I have heard a couple of Linea Ladies talk about ordering while overseas either for work or vacation. Sheesh and Barbara in Virginia have I think. Hopefully one of them will see this thread and offer some advice. I think you should be able to access qvc.com. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

As I recall, when I lived in Paris I could not order on line---they will not take the order as they recognize that it is coming from a server outside the US. But I used to order all the time when I was living there---and my sister would bring my Judith Ripka loot to me when she came to visit---I'd have it sent to her house. I even ordered when I was on a business trip to Italy. So, I'll have to think about how I did and I'll get back to you. l believe I called---but can't recall if the 800 number worked. Try calling CS, tell them you are a US customer and ask them how to place an order from overseas.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Regular Contributor

Hi Mariecon: I have ordered using my iPad and wifi from a river cruise on the Danube and a hotel in Paris with no trouble...and it was linea as well!!! My only problem was figuring out the time difference to order at midnight the say before. Can't miss Louis! Good luck!
Frequent Contributor

I have from several countries with wifi and an iPad.
Trusted Contributor

I think you can if you already have an account.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Qulia said:

I have heard a couple of Linea Ladies talk about ordering while overseas either for work or vacation. Sheesh and Barbara in Virginia have I think. Hopefully one of them will see this thread and offer some advice. I think you should be able to access qvc.com. Gjood luck!

My order from Jamaica was denied as it was an international order. But the order I placed from Vienna, Austria was accepted.

Go figure!!! I had a backup friend in the US to order for me for Vienna after the unexpected denial of my order from Jamaica but didn't need to do it that way. She did, however, place the order then cancelled it immediately as soon as she got my email that I had been able to place it myself.

You might want to line up someone you can shoot an email to in the US to order for you if necessary. You could ask them to do a "Bill to, Ship to" so they wouldn't have to worry about getting your order to you. And then of course reimburse them what they had charged.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Sheesh said:

As I recall, when I lived in Paris I could not order on line---they will not take the order as they recognize that it is coming from a server outside the US. But I used to order all the time when I was living there---and my sister would bring my Judith Ripka loot to me when she came to visit---I'd have it sent to her house. I even ordered when I was on a business trip to Italy. So, I'll have to think about how I did and I'll get back to you. l believe I called---but can't recall if the 800 number worked. Try calling CS, tell them you are a US customer and ask them how to place an order from overseas.

Come to think of it, I did order from Johannesburg in June 2013 from my computer. I checked my order history...I placed 12 separate orders from my computer.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Frequent Contributor

I have shopped successfully from Portugal for the last few years on our winter runaway.