Super Contributor

Denim & Co. "How Comfy" Regular Boot Cut Knit Jeans?????

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry if this question has been beaten into the ground, but I need to make a decision of whether or not to purchase...

In the description it says that they are 96% cotton and 4% spandex, but in the name it says knit. My question is, do these pants look like normal denim jeans, or do they look more like polyester knit type of pant?

I am a school teacher, LOVE jeans, but need colored jeans to wear to school. These seem perfect if they are NOT polyester knit looking pants. I know I could buy them and if I am unhappy send them back - but thought this might save me a step.

Thanks for your time! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. ""How Comfy"" Regular Boot Cut Knit Jeans?????

I too teach and love jeans. Can get away with very dark denim jeans worn with long tops at school. Do not want to wear colored slacks or pants. I want colored jeans for school, but not if they look like polyester knit jeans. Would appreciate answers from women who have bought these D&C jeans. Are they jeans or faux jeans in mateial and fit? Thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

I teach as well and love the 'how comfy' jeans! They keep their shape..no bagging in the knees. Most of all, the names says it all... 'comfy'! They move and give with you..they're the most comfortable jean you will ever wear. I have about 8 different colors in them and will order more. The one thing I do not do is dry them completely in the dryer. I wash the dark colors inside out with Woolite Dark (for dark clothes)..then put them in the dryer for a few minutes..then hang to dry completely (I have a clothes dryer rack). After they're dry, you will need to iron them a little to take any remaining wrinkles out but it's a breeze to do and they will look and wear beautifully.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Frequent Contributor

"How Comfy" jeans look like jeans. I own two pair, and wear them often. They are really comfy, hence the name. You'll love 'em!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Regular Contributor

Look like Denim, but super soft and comfy. I put them in the dryer and dry completely. I never need to iron these. I iron nothing. Expect a small amount of shrinkage the first to you wash and dry, including length, but after the first time you'll be good to go. Great pants!
Honored Contributor

They're jeans in style but the fabric is similar to a poly double knit, if you know what that is. A little dressier than a denim jean. Everyone seems to love them. They are like Quacker Dream Jeannes but less $$ and I think they fit better. I go down a size.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Are these a copy of the Quacker Factory ones?

Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 wakefield64 said:

They are not a copy but they are similar material. It's hard to answer the OP's question because these are in a class by themselves. From a distance of a few feet away, they look like denim jeans. Close up they do appear to be something else but not exactly like poly double knit to the wearer. I doubt a casual observer would think they're anything but denim. The back of the fabric looks like a knit. I think they're a little dressier than denim jeans. They're a lot more comfortable. I think the D&C version fit the best. I go down a size in them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 8/10/2014 kachina624 said:
On 8/9/2014 wakefield64 said:

They are not a copy but they are similar material. It's hard to answer the OP's question because these are in a class by themselves. From a distance of a few feet away, they look like denim jeans. Close up they do appear to be something else but not exactly like poly double knit to the wearer. I doubt a casual observer would think they're anything but denim. The back of the fabric looks like a knit. I think they're a little dressier than denim jeans. They're a lot more comfortable. I think the D&C version fit the best. I go down a size in them.

I totally agree. Up close they look different but at a distance they look like jeans. They are super comfortable though. Be careful if you order the new ones though they have a lower rise (straight leg pull on) and have back pockets. Plus the material is crisper (stiffer).

Esteemed Contributor

First of all I want to thank you for your service for the benefit of all our children. I have four pairs of these pants and no one can tell they are not jeans. They are comfortable and wash out well. Hope this helps you! I think you will love them.